DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order a 622 and 525 PVR. My question coming from a HD Tivo from Direct. In two tv mode or what ever you call it can i have tv1 playing one channel and the other tv2 playing another will i be able to have a two channel buffer on tv2 where i can switch back and forth between two stations and have the 1/2 hr buffer or do i have to run it in single mode for this to happen?
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
221 Posts
It is called "Dual Mode" and you can't switch channels and have the buffer still active. I believe that the buffer clears after each channel change in both Single and Dual Modes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
William said:
It is called "Dual Mode" and you can't switch channels and have the buffer still active. I believe that the buffer clears after each channel change in both Single and Dual Modes.
And that would be 1 hour not 1/2 hour....
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
127 Posts
I did find out one thing along these lines though. I am running in single mode.

When using PiP, both tuners were buffering. I was able to watch one show while the other was in the PiP window, then back up the other to watch it all after I swapped.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,658 Posts
Yep... and you don't have to use PIP in single mode either. Even without a PIP window, you can press the swap button on the remote to alternate between tuner 1 and tuner 2 satellite and it will keep buffering both channels.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
701 Posts
jmeitz said:
I am getting ready to order a 622 and 525 PVR. My question coming from a HD Tivo from Direct. In two tv mode or what ever you call it can i have tv1 playing one channel and the other tv2 playing another will i be able to have a two channel buffer on tv2 where i can switch back and forth between two stations and have the 1/2 hr buffer or do i have to run it in single mode for this to happen?
jMeitz,

The Pause buffer on the 625 is TWO HOURS on both tuners. The pause buffer on the 622 is ONE HOUR on both tuners.

You can't swap back and forth between tuners when in DUAL MODE, also PIP only works in Single Mode.

John
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
163 Posts
yea..

here's the thing.. Tivo lets you pause a station and then swap to the other tuner. and then when you go back to the first tuner its still paused. the 622 unpauses the tuner as soon as you hit swap.

heres what you can do.. pause the show, hit PIP and then swap. when you do this you will keep the other one paused..problem tho, you still have the show in the corner paused.

supposed to be an update soon to fix that. but we all know what thats like.

e..b
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
701 Posts
eatonjb said:
yea..

here's the thing.. Tivo lets you pause a station and then swap to the other tuner. and then when you go back to the first tuner its still paused. the 622 unpauses the tuner as soon as you hit swap.

heres what you can do.. pause the show, hit PIP and then swap. when you do this you will keep the other one paused..problem tho, you still have the show in the corner paused.

supposed to be an update soon to fix that. but we all know what thats like.

e..b
Eaton,

Yes, currently you can't maintain pause when you swap tuners, but the next Firmware release is suppose to contain a update that will allow Single Mode users to maintain that pause when swapping tuners.

Another feature in that same release is to do side by side PIP. Currently PIP has two modes, First Press small window, second Press Bigger Window, Third Press turns the PIP window off. In the new release the third press will do Side by Side PIP. A Fourth press will turn off the PIP window.

John
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
136 Posts
eatonjb said:
yea..

here's the thing.. Tivo lets you pause a station and then swap to the other tuner. and then when you go back to the first tuner its still paused. the 622 unpauses the tuner as soon as you hit swap.

heres what you can do.. pause the show, hit PIP and then swap. when you do this you will keep the other one paused..problem tho, you still have the show in the corner paused.

supposed to be an update soon to fix that. but we all know what thats like.

e..b
This is my only complaint about the 622 so far. I was used to the DirecTivo's dual buffers. Hope Dish fixes this soon.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top