DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Icon
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any other Dish Network retailers having a hard time getting Quad LNBFs???? Echosphere tells me that they haven't had them since last Thursday and won't for 2-3 weeks. They tell me I should have enough inventory for 4 weeks. It's completely unreasonable for them to expect us be able to afford to carry 3-4 weeks of quad inventory. They have far more money than I do.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by jeffwtux
Are any other Dish Network retailers having a hard time getting Quad LNBFs???? Echosphere tells me that they haven't had them since last Thursday and won't for 2-3 weeks. They tell me I should have enough inventory for 4 weeks. It's completely unreasonable for them to expect us be able to afford to carry 3-4 weeks of quad inventory. They have far more money than I do.
Well that's why they have more money. :rolleyes:

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Quad are "just like the twins" except they have 4 lines coming out that either go directly to your receivers or can be cascaded with sw21s for 61.5 or 148. Basically, the quad is 2 dual lnbs with a built in sw44 switch. (Way oversimplified, but you get the idea.)

·
Icon
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Mark has it right. The problem is that they don't have any. I might lose 3 sales because of this. Would you buy from a guy if had to delay your install one week because he couldn't get a stupid part??? I don't think I would buy from myself.

·
DishRetailer.com Administrator/Supporter
107 Posts
I was told my rep that there trying to use all the duals up because if the merger goes through, they will be junk when the new 3-satellite dish comes out. They are trying to keep all the twins and quads because they can be modified to work with this dish. The duals can't.:ewww:

·
Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
Well what is the point in trying to use the duals if they are just going to have to go back and replace them later on? That defeats the purpose of using the duals in the first place. This is just like admitting that what they are using now wont work with the new dish. Pointless and more fuss, work, and trouble it seems like to me.

G

·
Mark, somewhere I read that Dish is not even recommending the Quad with the SW21's any more. That they were supposed to be using the Quad with the SW 64 now.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
I can't imagine why you would use a quad with an sw64... In fact, I doubt that you could. The only valid lnb with a sw64 is a dual, AFAIK.

·
Icon
524 Posts
Originally posted by jeffwtux
Dish has always had hardware shortage issues on most of it`s inventory on a regular basis. The small operation dealer that wants to "buy inventory as they sell" have been hurt time and time again.

We use to stock over $100,000 of equipment between Dish/DTV and were able to avoid that problem most of the time, although due to the high volume we bought our salesman did shun small retailers on many occasions.

I guess when they are sending one pallets of product at a time .. one does get special treatment ;)

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
The Quad LNB is similar to the Twin, except that it has four outputs for up to 4 receivers. With SW21 switches, the Quad will support 61.5 or 145 on up to two of the receivers (the DISH 300 LNB only has two outputs). The Quad may also be configured as follows: With an SW64 switch, the Quad will support up to four receivers on 119, 110, and either 61.5 or 145. With two SW64 switches and 6 high frequency splitters, the Quad will support up to 8 receivers on 119, 110, and 61.5 or 145.

Remember: You can still hook up to 2 receivers to the DISH 500 without needing the Quad LNB. In simple terms, the Quad LNB is only necessary when more than 2 receivers will be installed.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
I purchased a Quad LNB for Dish Depot today, as long as Randy didn't buy the last one they have. :D
I'm getting ready for the 721, I'm getting nervous, I hope it's not a flop.

And for the life of me, why they didn't show us the bells and whistles of the 721 last night on the Charlie Chat is beyond me...........grrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

·
Legend
123 Posts
Hmmm... I guess I didn't realize the Quad 500s are so rare! This afternoon when a Dish tech came out to fix a busted SW42 switch, I asked if I could upgrade to a Quad and he said he had a brand new one sitting in his van. Had the baby installed, and now I've got four receivers hooked up to one satellite dish... :)

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Originally posted by John Corn
I purchased a Quad LNB for Dish Depot today, as long as Randy didn't buy the last one they have. :D

And for the life of me, why they didn't show us the bells and whistles of the 721 last night on the Charlie Chat is beyond me...........grrrrrrrrrrr:mad:
It sounds like you are doing what I want to do. I currently have two receivers with a twin lnb, and I want to replace one of them with the 721. I was told that all I need is a quad lnb OR an SW64. Is that accurate? Just want to make sure before I buy it. TIA

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Hi cfogus, the cheapest way out is the Quad, you can sell your Twin or Dish Depot will give you $50.00 trade in.

If you use an SW64 you would have to buy a Dual LNB.
Someone with a Twin LNB it's much cheaper to buy just the Quad instead of having to buy a Dual Lnb and an SW 64.

G

·
If you just using a Dish 500 and don't need 61.5 or 148 you can get buy using two duals, two multi switches, and as many SW21 as you have receivers. Multiswitches are pretty cheap. You take both outputs from the 119 Lnbf and run it into a multi. Do the same for 110 and then put the SW21 in line.

·
Icon/Supporter
627 Posts
Originally posted by John Corn
I am not sharing! :D Hopefully you have your shipping notice by now. The rebate deal makes this a pretty sweet price for the quad. My plan is to bring my second DP back on line along my original DP and our 501 and wait until I hear the grist on the 721.

·
Icon/Supporter
627 Posts
Climbed the 30' extension ladder and installed my quad yesterday. The quad is noticeably heavier than two duals so I am a bit concerned about having to use the same plastic shroud to connect it to the mounting arm. Seemed a bit weak with just the small bolt holding it to the arm, so I wrapped the shroud with some electrical tape (at the neck and the top) to help give a little more strength.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.