DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new home was prewired with (2)RG-6 coax's from the dish location to a leviton box with a standard one in and 6 out splitter. The installer told me that he would need to run another coax from the dish to the box to make my 3rd receiver work...splitters will not work with the DISH 500.

Anyone got any ideas?:shrug:

·
Hall Of Fame
7,503 Posts
Pull 2 more cables down from the QUAD to your "video distribution closet" and you can move them around to your heart's content....

BTW, each cable from the QUAD to a receiver should be it's own run of RG6 cable, with no splitters/amps, etc. You can use barrel connectors between segments, and in fact this is how you should do it.

·
Legend
197 Posts
If you can wait a few weeks, the new DISHPRO Twin LNBS and DISHPRO Switch34s will be available. With the new DISHPRO technology, only one cable per satellite will be necessary to feed the Switch 34. Thus if you don't need either 148 or 61.5 Satellite, you should be able to get by with the two wire setup. The Switch 34 will feed up to 4 receivers and can be daisy chained to feed up to twelve receivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.