DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

questin about dish& nba league pass

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  epokopac 
#1 ·
does dish carry all the nba league pass in hd and dual feeds like directv?

#5 ·
hmmm.I spoke with a csr at dish today but he said they carry every game in HD,but he didnt sound to sure of his answer,thaths why i came here to ask,he also said whatever everybody else has dish has,in reference to directvs nba league pass He was a nice guy but just didnt seem to know much about nba league pass. But he did know abut the tv packages they have. I was thinking about the hopper/ joey but my wife watches hell on wheels and i watch breaking,and walking dead on AMC which DISH currently doesnt carry. so i either goback to D* or stay with fios for at least 1 more year.

#6 ·
Dish's NBA League Pass is horrible compared to DirecTV's. That is the sole reason I switched to DirecTV.

No MSG-HD or listening to Walt Frasier for the Knicks. No YES network which means no Marv Albert for the Nets.

No dual feeds at all (at least 2 years ago when I had Dish). I love the Clippers announcers but with Dish half the time it would only be the other teams feed. I guess they just randomly pick which feed you get. Dual feeds are also great for avoiding certain teams awful homer announcers that make you not even want to watch the game. With Dish you would have to suffer.

Many more games not in HD on Dish. And when you see the SD quality of some of the RSN's you will vomit. It's hard to tell which player is which sometimes.

Plus if you get the HR-34 you have 5 tuners which I will be in heaven with when NBA starts.

I'm not a Dish Network hater but for NBA League Pass it's no comparison.

#8 ·
Fishman23 said:
Do you think Dish will offer a free trial for the first week of the season? I'd really like to know what I'm getting into before laying down $179. I notice it says early bird price of $179. How much more will it cost if I wait?
$189

#9 ·
I have not seen if a free preview will be available for NBA League Pass. Keep checking back at mydish.com for updates on the free preview channels. Thanks.

Fishman23 said:
Do you think Dish will offer a free trial for the first week of the season? I'd really like to know what I'm getting into before laying down $179. I notice it says early bird price of $179. How much more will it cost if I wait?

#10 ·
Fishman23 said:
I believe Dish has free preview of league pass every year for the first week or so.

#11 ·
As of last season, and each season before that, Dish only shows one feed of each game, each game available in SD, and probably 75% or so in HD as well. I agree having a choice of broadcast would be great. Seems like certain teams home games are hardly in HD, Toronto Raptors, Portland come to mind.

#12 ·
If Dish does not carry the RSN for a game, does it get blacked out on NBA TV or NBA league pass? Dish Game Finder says no blackout, but I am not sure since this is rather new territory for some fans.

Edit: The game was blacked out even though the RSN is not available.

By the way, it appears the free preview tradition is happening otherwise.

Rasheed

#13 ·
rasheed said:
If Dish does not carry the RSN for a game, does it get blacked out on NBA TV or NBA league pass? Dish Game Finder says no blackout, but I am not sure since this is rather new territory for some fans.

Edit: The game was blacked out even though the RSN is not available.

By the way, it appears the free preview tradition is happening otherwise.

Rasheed
I tried NBA-LP for half a season a year or two ago and it didn't matter if Dish carried the RSN or not. I "'do" remember seeing MSG and YES feeds (SD only) on occasion. I would imagine that the package contents are controlled by the NBA from night to night and Dish broadcasts whatever is in that package for that evening.

Direct is a whole different animal when it comes to sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.