DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Legend
120 Posts
"CarolinaGuy79" said:
Thanks Kevin, yes I have an HR24 which is hooked to an HDMI cable, thanks again.
Make sure you have an HDMI cable that supports 3D. I thought it was a bunch of bull and used my existing HDMI. When I tried to access the 3D channels I got a message that my TV was not 3D compatible. Replaced it with a new HDMI cable that supports 3D and everything worked like a charm.

· Hall Of Fame
2,755 Posts
I'm using 4 HDMI feeds to my TV and some of the cables are several years old but they all work. Maybe all of monprice's cables have been high speed for quite a while. Congrats on the new TV, you'll be buying some HD Blue Ray movies soon. Don't buy the IMax movies because they all turn up on Directv from time to time.

· Legend
230 Posts
Amazon says "Hugo" will be out at the end of the month. You can pre-order for about $28. Terrific movie and very good use of 3D.

· Icon
1,567 Posts
I used to get the message that my TV was not 3D sometimes, but not at other times. It turns out that it has nothing to do with my TV or HDMI cable. It was related to the order in which the TV, AV receiver and HR-21 were powered on. If the HR21 powers on before the TV and receiver, and if the TV and receiver are not set to show DirecTV, the HR21 would not think that the TV was 3D. Once I changed the order in which my Harmony One powered on the equipment, everything has worked properly.

· Legend
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I decided on a tv today and went ahead and bought it and it will be brought ou tomorrow I got a Mitsubishi Model number:WD-73638 however when I got home I checked Directv's website to make sure 3d will work on this tv and it will however it says I need to get a 3DA-1 adaptor from Mitsubishi for 3D to work so does anyone know what I will have to do? call them I guess? and is there a chage for a 3DA-1 adaptor?

Thanks from a 3D noob.

· Registered
14,539 Posts
CarolinaGuy79 said:
So I decided on a tv today and went ahead and bought it and it will be brought ou tomorrow I got a Mitsubishi Model number:WD-73638 however when I got home I checked Directv's website to make sure 3d will work on this tv and it will however it says I need to get a 3DA-1 adaptor from Mitsubishi for 3D to work so does anyone know what I will have to do? call them I guess? and is there a chage for a 3DA-1 adaptor?

Thanks from a 3D noob.
It'll cost you anywhere from $130-$200 for the adapter and you can buy them online.

· Legend
126 Posts
CarolinaGuy79 said:

Thanks from a 3D noob.
Yeah you will have to buy the adapter. Your tv (like my samsung) will only work with "checkerboard" 3d without the adapter. Panasonic makes 3D blu-ray players that output checkerboard and require no adapter for your set, but that only works for blu-ray. If you want to watch directv in 3D the adapter is a must.

Fortunately for you mitsubishi makes and adapter, samsung just told it's customers too bad and never offered an adapter.

· Legend
208 Posts
detroit_Fan said:
Yeah you will have to buy the adapter. Your tv (like my samsung) will only work with "checkerboard" 3d without the adapter. Panasonic makes 3D blu-ray players that output checkerboard and require no adapter for your set, but that only works for blu-ray. If you want to watch directv in 3D the adapter is a must.

Fortunately for you mitsubishi makes and adapter, samsung just told it's customers too bad and never offered an adapter.
So you are saying that a Samsung 3d tv will not work with DTV because an adapter is not available? Just asking as I am in the market for a new tv now and I am trying to decide on which make & model.

· Legend
217 Posts
sweep49 said:
So you are saying that a Samsung 3d tv will not work with DTV because an adapter is not available? Just asking as I am in the market for a new tv now and I am trying to decide on which make & model.
My Samsung works fine with 3D programs on D; no adapter needed.

· Legend
126 Posts
sweep49 said:
My tv is a 2008 samsung HL61A750 led dlp, they will not work with directv, they only work with checkerboard 3D signals. I believe the new samsungs are all ok and should work without an adapter.

It's kinda frustrating because when i bought it in november of 2008(for a good amount of money) it was listed as 3D future proof, then samsung got out of the dlp market and left all of it's customers with no way to see 3D that is not checkerboard. Luckily it will work with 3D blu-rays, but i would really like to to work with d* too.

· Registered
14,539 Posts
CarolinaGuy79 said:
Great, guess I can forget about watch 3D, I went to Mitsubishi's website and it says he kit I needed has been discontinue, great.
They're available on many other sites like Amazon.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.