DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Icon
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have th HR20 and the 5 lnb dish but after the installer left, I went out and checked things out and noticed that he only hooked up 3 of the LNBs on the dish, the other 2 are missing. Am I missing out on something without these 2 LNBs or are they just going to come into play when the other satellites are up and running later in 2007.

Should I call D** and say I want these 2 LNB's?
 

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
Joined
·
2,533 Posts
bnglbill said:
I have th HR20 and the 5 lnb dish but after the installer left, I went out and checked things out and noticed that he only hooked up 3 of the LNBs on the dish, the other 2 are missing. Am I missing out on something without these 2 LNBs or are they just going to come into play when the other satellites are up and running later in 2007.
You actually have the correct dish. It's called a 5 LNB dish as it will pick up 5 satellites but in actuality, there are only 3 "visible" LNBs. The newer "slimline" dish - the AU9 has three like this. I have an older AT9 and it has three as well but a little different configuration. Yours probably looks like the one below.

 

·
Icon
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coffey77 said:
You actually have the correct dish. It's called a 5 LNB dish as it will pick up 5 satellites but in actuality, there are only 3 "visible" LNBs. The newer "slimline" dish - the AU9 has three like this. I have an older AT9 and it has three as well but a little different configuration. Yours probably looks like the one below.

Yup, that's it, it just looks kind of wierd because the 3 lnb's are all of the way over to the right and it looks like there is room for two or three more to the left.
 

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
Joined
·
266 Posts
I think they are getting tired of redesigning the mount for the LNB's and replacing dishes and wanted to future proof this one.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
9 Posts
Rambler said:
One of the "missing" LNBs is for International programming.
Are you saying that with the slimline, you won't need a separate dish for the international channels?

Right now, I have both the AT9 and the DTV66E (for world direct). It would be cool if I could get rid of both and just use one dish like the slimline. Although, according to my installer, that won't work.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
578 Posts
Seabow said:
Are you saying that with the slimline, you won't need a separate dish for the international channels?
My financee was interested in the Filipino programming, and D* "said" that with the new "slimline" dish we could have it without an another dish mounted. However, I think it required a special LNB which was out of stock or such. So we're waiting until early next year and may try and order it again.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,133 Posts
bnglbill said:
I have th HR20 and the 5 lnb dish but after the installer left, I went out and checked things out and noticed that he only hooked up 3 of the LNBs on the dish, the other 2 are missing. Am I missing out on something without these 2 LNBs or are they just going to come into play when the other satellites are up and running later in 2007.

Should I call D** and say I want these 2 LNB's?
On the AU9 dish, if you look at the larger of the LNB housings, you can see three transparent bubbles. These are for the 99, 101, and 103 sats. The other two to LNBs to the east of this are for the 110 and 119. This seems counter intuitive, but if you understand how the dish reflects the signal this is correct. The sat signals actually bounce off the dish like skipping a ball across the floor. What comes in on the west, exits to the east and is intercepted by the LNB electronics. What you have is the latest technologuy available.

azarby
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
23 Posts
Rambler said:
My financee was interested in the Filipino programming, and D* "said" that with the new "slimline" dish we could have it without an another dish mounted. However, I think it required a special LNB which was out of stock or such. So we're waiting until early next year and may try and order it again.
Any updates? I have a slimline dish and would be interested in adding an LNB if that would allow for the international channels.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top