DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cousin & I are thinking about upgrading to full HD when I return to Ohio we've been talking about it and he called Dish while I was on the other end of the line and was told that the 722's were $499 each from Dish (ownership price; is this some special, or is it the MSRP.. seems kind of cheap) We are interested in two. However he already owns a 625 (not leased). We were thinking at first of keeping the 625, plus connecting the two 722s. That way we would never really have an issue with storage space and timer conflict, however two boxes would be sufficient for the timer conflicts and I totally forgot about the external hard drive feature; which means in theory we shouldn't have an issue with disk space.

So what kind of set up are we looking at if we did keep the 625 and connect two 722s?

However if we decided we didn't want the 625 is it possible for him to upgrade to HD even if he already owns the box at a discounted price (ie $200 deals they had a while back) and that would come with installation right ?

· Hall Of Fame
4,010 Posts
If you own the box you can keep it with an upgrade, it is probably better to keep it and if you don't want it any more, sell it on eBay or craigslist, etc. Dish will give you $10 for it.

As far as the dish itself, you'll probably need a Dish1000.2. It can support three dual tuner receivers. If you're purchasing, they are about $100.

Have you checked with a local retailer to see if he will give you some kind of a deal on two 722's and a Dish 1000.2. He might be able to beat the $499 each. I 've seen $722's for as low as $425 at retailers over the internet, some major ones have excellent reputations and might be able to meet or beat the price, installed.

· Legend
233 Posts
Ohioankev said:
My Cousin & I are thinking about upgrading to full HD when I return to Ohio we've been talking about it and he called Dish while I was on the other end of the line and was told that the 722's were $499 each from Dish (ownership price; is this some special, or is it the MSRP.. seems kind of cheap) We are interested in two. However he already owns a 625 (not leased). We were thinking at first of keeping the 625, plus connecting the two 722s. That way we would never really have an issue with storage space and timer conflict, however two boxes would be sufficient for the timer conflicts and I totally forgot about the external hard drive feature; which means in theory we shouldn't have an issue with disk space.

So what kind of set up are we looking at if we did keep the 625 and connect two 722s?

However if we decided we didn't want the 625 is it possible for him to upgrade to HD even if he already owns the box at a discounted price (ie $200 deals they had a while back) and that would come with installation right ?
Are you in the CLE area?

Rick
Freedom Satellite Systems
Cleveland, OH

· Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HDMe said:
Am I the only one confused? In this thread he owns a 625, but in the other thread the original poster started in the general Dish forum he says he is leasing it.
I lease a 625 from DISH .... took it with me when i moved from Ohio to California.
Cousin in Ohio bought a 625 and signed up for DISH when I left
Cousin in California wants to keep my leased 625 at his location which i'm fine with, because I see no reason to have two full accounts at one address and see no reason in paying the cancelation fee for what is left on my contract when cousin in California wants DISH but will have to pay for the equipment to get it installed. So i'm doing him a favor.
The cousin in ohio and I are looking to aquire HD equipment to make the transfer to HD.

Thanks for the information Jim.

I'm going to be near Marietta, which is an hour and thirty minutes south east of columbus.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Ohioankev said:
I lease a 625 from DISH .... took it with me when i moved from Ohio to California.
Cousin in Ohio bought a 625 and signed up for DISH when I left
Cousin in California wants to keep my leased 625 at his location which i'm fine with, because I see no reason to have two full accounts at one address and see no reason in paying the cancelation fee for what is left on my contract when cousin in California wants DISH but will have to pay for the equipment to get it installed. So i'm doing him a favor.
The cousin in ohio and I are looking to aquire HD equipment to make the transfer to HD.
Ok... Thanks for the explanation. I was missing the part where you had two different cousins at different locations. I was only thinking about one cousin, and that made the different questions confusing... but I believe I understand now.

I didn't want to go down a wrong road until I understood what you were really asking. Obviously Jim understood better than I did, so hopefully his info helps you out. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.