DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live near Spokane, Washington and our "regional NBA team" was the Sonics. Now with that team gone, would i be able to order the region sportspack, getting Comcast Sports West, and be able to watch my Sacramento Kings without blackout restrictions? Maybe now the Blazers are now my regional NBA team? Anyone have any input on this?

thanks everyone! :)

· Icon
868 Posts
Unfortunately no...the team for Washington will now be the Portland Trail Blazers. Until something changes, we won't be seeing any Blazers games up here either as DirecTV and Comcast have yet to agree on carriage of CSNNW. Comcast is asking for upwards of $2 bucks per subscriber so it probly won't happen anytime soon. So basically up here in the pacific northwest, if u have satellite or live in Washington, u don't have a local or regional team that u get to watch. Good job Comcast!!!

· Legend
132 Posts
While I am not a Comcrap fan, I have to put this fiasco squarely on the Blazers shoulders. Comcast is just trying to maximize their payback on investment, which is what businesses do. Most of the uproar will come from non Comcast subscribers so from a PR point of view it won't hurt them too much. The Blazers took the big bucks from Comcast and need to live with that decision

The Blazers are not babes in the woods when it comes to these type of agreements and should have had some type of protection built into the contract for just this type of scenario

· Icon
868 Posts
Won't do u any good in Washington because the Blazers are your team now, so they will be blacked out. If u want to watch the Kings that shouldn't be an issue though. I wonder when they will ever have CSN West in HD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.