DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I can take two leads off of a multiswitch then run them into a sonora stacker so I can run one cable to a certain room then hook up a dual destacker so I have use the dual tuner on my tivo.

Thanks For Your Time

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Yep. Is this for a simple, Satellite "A" system or a Satellite A/B/C system? Sonora now also makes a gee-whiz agile stacker/destacker that functions similar to DISHProPlus and can be used to fully support two tuners with simultaneous access to any transponders on Satellites A, B and C. It sells for about $280. Solid Signal stocks it.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure what you are talking about
lol

Also was reading that the d11 and the r15 both have internal destackers, is this correct?

·
Super Moderator
12,863 Posts
Satellite A/B/C refers to the 101, 110 and 119 orbital satellite positions.

DirecTV sends most of it's programming on the 101 satellite. It uses 110 and 119 for hi def, Spanish, and some local tv stations.

If you are getting all of your programming off of a single, round, 18" dish, then you are only using satellite A. If you have an oval 3-LNB dish, or if you have two round dishes pointed different directions, then you are using more than one satellite.

If you are using a multi-satellite system, then for the applicable stacker you would have to have four inputs, not just two, and you would not be able to use the internal de-stackers in the D11 and R15.

Carl

·
Icon
716 Posts
I notice that Solid Signal has discontinued the Sonoro SS212 although I have placed an order from another supplier. I also notice that Sonoro doesn't have it available on its online catelog. Is there a problem with the SS212 system? Also, does anyone have any user experience with using the SS212 on either an HR10-250 or the HR20?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.