DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have "purchased" an HR-24 from Weaknees and am expecting delivery soon. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.

I have already been upgraded at home to the Whole Home Service where you can play any DVR recording on any other DVR.

When I get the HR24, I will be moving the HR20-700 that has apparently been set up as the main receiver for the Whole Home Service to a room upstairs, where I used to have an HR21-700 that was on the Whole Home service but that I just transferred to another account of mine at my daughter's house.

When I set up the HR24, do I have to do anything special? Or do I just plug in the cables that were previously connected to the HR20 and are connected at the other end to the DECA gizmo installed at the time the Whole Home service was set up.

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
Connect the cable which went to the DECA to the first input port (the second port shouldn't have been used on your HR20-700, either). If you have a DECA connected to your router, the HR24 will access it via the DECA network. MRV, etc., will work normally.

· Cool Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobnielsen said:
Connect the cable which went to the DECA to the first input port (the second port shouldn't have been used on your HR20-700, either). If you have a DECA connected to your router, the HR24 will access it via the DECA network. MRV, etc., will work normally.
Again, thanks for the quick response. I'm not at home now but on the road. I'll need to look at the exact setup to see if I have any more questions. But thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.