DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there's something I'm missing or if this is the way the 622 is...

I told the 622 to record a show at 8pm. Up until 8:05 I was watching a different channel. Once I switch to the show thats recording, I can't rewind to the beginning (at 8pm). I have to go into the menu and play it. Shouldn't I have been able to rewind to the beginning without going to the menu?

Thanks-
Kevin

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
When you "jumped" into the show that was recording you were using live TV on a different tuner than the tuner being used to do the recording. Since you just changed to that channel with that tuner the buffer is cleared and therefore you can't go back. Starting to view the recorded program from the DVR is the right way to see the program without interrupting the tuner that is currently doing the recording.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
ChuckA said:
When you "jumped" into the show that was recording you were using live TV on a different tuner than the tuner being used to do the recording. Since you just changed to that channel with that tuner the buffer is cleared and therefore you can't go back. Starting to view the recorded program from the DVR is the right way to see the program without interrupting the tuner that is currently doing the recording.
Actually it behaves as described even if you are using the same tuner (e.g. OTA tuner) but were delayed. However the solution is, as you say, to pull up the dvr menu. Select the program being recorded and tell it to start from the beginning.

·
AllStar
78 Posts
When you switch to the program being recorded, does a big red record icon appear? If not, you're on the other tuner. Hit swap. The record icon should appear. Once you see this icon, you should be able to rewind. Not sure how OTA changes this.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ddavis said:
When you switch to the program being recorded, does a big red record icon appear? If not, you're on the other tuner. Hit swap. The record icon should appear. Once you see this icon, you should be able to rewind. Not sure how OTA changes this.
Ok, I'll try that tonight. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.