DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to finally move to the world HD and I'm an existing DirecTV customer who lives in Northern NJ. I looked at the local HD chart and it seems like I'd get the local NY broadcasts in HD which is great. Is it fair to assume that this is the case and I wouldn't need any sort of additional antenna? Also I'd probably get a HR20, does this cause any conflict with my scenario?

I read through may of the forums and threads but this wasn't overly clear to me. Thanks for helping a noob out.

·
Legend
219 Posts
mp77 said:
I'm in the market to finally move to the world HD and I'm an existing DirecTV customer who lives in Northern NJ. I looked at the local HD chart and it seems like I'd get the local NY broadcasts in HD which is great. Is it fair to assume that this is the case and I wouldn't need any sort of additional antenna? Also I'd probably get a HR20, does this cause any conflict with my scenario?

I read through may of the forums and threads but this wasn't overly clear to me. Thanks for helping a noob out.
If you're getting Locals via antenna,the HR20 will put you in a good position to get future D* HD and view and record sat and ota through one box. )OTA feature not turned on yet) Some people have had problems, I think (opinion) most HR20's are doing a pretty good job. I have 2 and both worked great right out of the box. Nice thing is this forum. You get ideas and help fast. Good Luck

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I am also in North NJ and I just recently got the HR20. We get CBS, NBC, FOX, and ABC in HD for the locals. I am very happy with it. You will not need any other antenae to be able to see these in HD and you do not have to subscribe to the HD package in order to get them. I was given the HD package for four months free and I will more than likely sign up for it when that expires. Especially since we are supposed to be getting 40 HD channels by the middle of next year.

Your only other issue would be line of sight. Just because you can see the sats with your current dish you might not be able to see all of the Sats that are required for HD. That will change next year anyway and two of the four locals are on the 101 in NY market so you will at least get those.

Go for it.

mp77 said:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.