DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need help here because I am not sure the best way to do this.

I live in central NJ right now and my locals are from NYC, which is they way I like it especially because I am a NY sports fan.

I am building a new house 10 miles south, still in Central NJ, but from what I heard from my new neighbor DTV was only giving him Philly Locals, and now matter what he tried they would not switch it to NYC (we must be across the invisible line).

He ended up cancelling his DTV because he could not get NYC locals, even though he offered to pay extra for them.

So how do I keep the NYC locals. Assuming my boxes which I am taking with me are already programmed for NYC will the purposely go in an change them when I move to the new location?

I am considering doing the install completely myself (I already had the wires prerun in the new house and have it setup for SWM with a line running directly into the attic for a roof mount. My neighbor who cancelled his DTV is going to give me his brand new SWM Slimline dish so I dont have to buy one, I just have to get the multiplexor (which he probably has but they may have taken that with them too).

What are my options here?

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
Staszek said:
Will they do it automatically? If I do the install myself they will not be at my house. Because I still own the old house too and can leave my address as is for DTV.
That's against the law and cannot be discussed here. Take the issue up with your Congress-folks.

· Hall Of Fame
3,071 Posts
Staszek said:
Ahh ok, sorry I was not aware of that.
Yup, It is an FCC thing + might not work any way because of the capabilities of the spot beam technology.

Consider a residence overlooking a minor league park. Farm team baseball is more interesting..I think. The guys hustle to get into the big show.

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.