DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in about a month I will be relocating for a new job and I'm wondering if I should move with my DirecTV or leave it with my roommate for the remaining 3 months of our contract and just start a new one at my new residence?

This is our bill currently
04/09 05/08 CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC Monthly 68.99
04/09 05/08 DIRECTV Protection Plan Monthly 5.99
04/09 05/08 Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly 10.00
04/09 05/08 Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly 8.00
4/09 05/08 DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service Monthly 3.00

Fees
04/10 Additional TV 6.00
04/10 Primary TV 6.00

Adjustments & Credits
04/09 05/08 Advanced Receiver-HD HD For Life w/Auto Bill Pay -10.00 Credit
04/10 Primary TV Free -6.00 Credit

So if I started a new contract I would get the 12 month promo rate for the choice xtra package which is 39.99...

I guess my question is, other than being able to cancel anytime, is there any benefit of being a customer and not under contract? Also I believe doing the whole move thing will extend my contract? Any advice as to what I should do in this situation? I like DirecTV and don't mind staying with them I just also like saving money :)

·
Icon
867 Posts
bubbagumper6 said:
So in about a month I will be relocating for a new job and I'm wondering if I should move with my DirecTV or leave it with my roommate for the remaining 3 months of our contract and just start a new one at my new residence?

This is our bill currently
04/09 05/08 CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC Monthly 68.99

I guess my question is, other than being able to cancel anytime, is there any benefit of being a customer and not under contract? Also I believe doing the whole move thing will extend my contract? Any advice as to what I should do in this situation? I like DirecTV and don't mind staying with them I just also like saving money :)
Technically you would not be able to start a new contract with the 12 month promo rate. I am not saying that it couldn't be done, it just is not supposed to be done.

Having said that, I would suggest using their Mover's program, you may be eligible for free upgrades, discounts or other programming offers. The Mover's program does not extend your contract (however adding new or additional equipment will). Also you will be able to keep the grandfathered Choice Extra package.

You also do not have to rely upon your soon to be ex-roomate to pay your bill and/or return your equipment when the service ends.

Also if your ex-roomate wants to keep DirecTv, he can sign up through the referral program - netting you and him $10 off for 10 months on top of any other discounts.

·
Legend
389 Posts
The OP never stated who's name the bill was in....

If it was in his name i agree use the movers connection... if its in his roommates name.. start a new account..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.