DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At my house currently, I have a VIP211 receiver and a 311 receiver on my standard def TV....

a co-worker of mine just brought an old reciever he had with dish, and I was wondering if I'd be able to use it..

It's a dish DVR510... From what I can tell online, it has a 120 gig HD in it....

Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
As long as the co-worker paid his bills you should have no problems getting it added to your account. It could be a direct repacement for your 311 or a third receiver (you'll need to run a wire from your switch to hook it up).

·
AllStar
62 Posts
You can try - all my receivers were seconds, and they all worked well. I tried a 510 without a card, and DishNetwork wanted $75 for a replacement card. So I took out the hard drive, bought a USB box from Frys, and am using it as a back-up hard drive for my computer.

I have a 501, 508, and 721 which were all purchased at either goodwill or the flea market, which work excellent, and had no old fees on them (although the UV did not work on the 501 - IR only).

Only problem with the 510 is that DishNetwork will charge $5/month for the use of that receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.