DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My signal strength on Sat 99b is not good. Out only "6" transponders that register, transponder "2" is at "42" on tuner:1 and tuner:2. Is that bad?

·
Icon
545 Posts
tjboyd said:
My signal strength on Sat 99b is not good. Out only "6" transponders that register, transponder "2" is at "42" on tuner:1 and tuner:2. Is that bad?
Not necessarily, tsp 2 may be a spot beam for another DMA that you may be on the fringe of! are you experiencing signal problems on any of your local MPEG4 stations?

·
Legend
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answering my post iceman... No... all my MPEG4 locals are great! No real problems to speak of. I was just wondering...

·
Icon
550 Posts
tjboyd said:
More than likely iceman is right. You're picking up the fringe of a spot beam. Our installer was shocked that our receiver saw anything off of 99b as we receive no content from that satellite in our area. The receiver did have two transponders in the 90s with the other 4 in the 30s and 40s. Wouldn't worry about it unless you're having some signal problems.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
How wide are the spot beams?
I live in North San Diego County and currently receive LA locals.

If/when I move to the HR20, will I still be able to receive channels from the LA spotbeam?
(I'm guessing this would not really affect the major networks, but the new mpg4 channels - ie. FoxSports West 2)

Thanks in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.