DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure one of you guys can answer this in about 10 seconds, so here goes.

If a game is on in my local area, say on channel 11, would it also be on the 700's channel that the sunday ticket games are on, or would that channel be blacked out?

It gets annoying when you want to just scroll thru games and not have to switch back to the local channel all the time.

Thanks for the help!
Lou

· This Space for Sale
7,436 Posts
Are your local channels on your receivers? There are a couple of methods you can use to just see the football channels. Set one of your custom guides to only these channels. I'm doing that right now for just the Olympic channels. There is also the quick Tune where you have nine channels quickly available.

· Legend
272 Posts
loudo2002 said:
Im sure one of you guys can answer this in about 10 seconds, so here goes.

If a game is on in my local area, say on channel 11, would it also be on the 700's channel that the sunday ticket games are on, or would that channel be blacked out?

It gets annoying when you want to just scroll thru games and not have to switch back to the local channel all the time.

Thanks for the help!
Lou
I personally use the score guide for both football and baseball season, this allows me to see all games available and if the score is a blow-out I have no real interest in watching the game.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
boukengreen said:
that channel would be blacked out have to watch your local channel
I'm pretty sure you are right that the channel will be blacked out and he will have to watch his local channel. But, won't gamesearch kick in when he turns to that channel and find it or him? I can't remember it's been a couple years since I've had Sunday Ticket.

· Godfather
313 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
I think gamesearch just comes up with a screen saying blackout & redirects to the local channel.
favorite channels is the way to go. I actually have one for Sunday 1 pm games and another for Sunday 4 pm games. I have to edit both once a week of course but it works great.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
"Beerstalker" said:
I'm pretty sure you are right that the channel will be blacked out and he will have to watch his local channel. But, won't gamesearch kick in when he turns to that channel and find it or him? I can't remember it's been a couple years since I've had Sunday Ticket.
Game search is a very slow way to go when you know where the game is on. Only really useful when you don't know where you can get the game like some college stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.