DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick question.

We are having Directv installed this weekend, and looking at where the satellite will most likely need to be installed I am thinking it will either be a roof install or chimney install. I would prefer the chimney install over mounting on the roof. How likely will the installer be prepared for a chimney install? Do they still do chimney installs? Are there any pitfalls to a chimney install?

Any insight would be helpful.

·
AllStar
53 Posts
It just depends on the installer if he would mess with it were not allowed to install over the roof line on a chimney and they don't give us the material to do it either I have had customers request it and had the material available for me to use so no problem

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
I have read on another forum that chimney mounts are no longer allowed for the Slimline dishes since they have such a heavy wind load. They are much larger than the SD dishes.

Most times they try to mount them on the roof, close to the edge. This does 2 things,
1, It can be installed, adjusted, repaired, etc. and the person never gets off the ladder.
2. If for any reason there is a leak ever, it would be over the soffit of the roof and not leak into a living area,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.