DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I recorded Neil Young on channel 95 without having to select pay or without a pay confirmation. I have now noticed that it is only on channel 99, and a Pay Per View. If I check my purchases, the Neil Young program is not in my purchase area, but I have it on the DVR. It does have the $ sign in the title.

My question is since I have it on my DVR, even though I didn't have the confirm pay screen and it was recorded off of channel 95 and not 99, will I be charged when I actually watch the program or did I get it when they placed it on a non-pay channel.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Calebrot said:
I have a question. I recorded Neil Young on channel 95 without having to select pay or without a pay confirmation. I have now noticed that it is only on channel 99, and a Pay Per View. If I check my purchases, the Neil Young program is not in my purchase area, but I have it on the DVR. It does have the $ sign in the title.

My question is since I have it on my DVR, even though I didn't have the confirm pay screen and it was recorded off of channel 95 and not 99, will I be charged when I actually watch the program or did I get it when they placed it on a non-pay channel.
All I can suggest is to try playing it.
If you have to pay for it... it will prompt you with a screen to confirm payment of the program.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
You could also check your bill online at directv.com and see if you've been charged for it. If so, call up and dispute it on the basis you weren't prompted that it was a PPV event.

·
Legend
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LameLefty said:
You could also check your bill online at directv.com and see if you've been charged for it. If so, call up and dispute it on the basis you weren't prompted that it was a PPV event.
I recorded it on Wed 10/11 at 2am. I just tried to watch it, I go to watch the first few minutes and the screen freezes at the 5min mark and I get a message "Searching for authorized content..." It sits there for a few minutes and then a few minutes later I get the "Yes, Delete; No, Don't Delete" prompt. So the unit sees that it is a Pay Per View, and since it is it gives you the normal 5 minutes preview but then at the 5 minute mark it looks to see if the recording was purchased and since it hasn't been it goes to the delete prompt, no prompts to allow me to purchase it.

I should have watched it the next morning, because the $ sign didn't appear in the MYVOD when it was first recorded.

·
Legend
144 Posts
Calebrot said:
I recorded it on Wed 10/11 at 2am. I just tried to watch it, I go to watch the first few minutes and the screen freezes at the 5min mark and I get a message "Searching for authorized content..." It sits there for a few minutes and then a few minutes later I get the "Yes, Delete; No, Don't Delete" prompt. So the unit sees that it is a Pay Per View, and since it is it gives you the normal 5 minutes preview but then at the 5 minute mark it looks to see if the recording was purchased and since it hasn't been it goes to the delete prompt, no prompts to allow me to purchase it.

I should have watched it the next morning, because the $ sign didn't appear in the MYVOD when it was first recorded.
This just happened to me, only I DID pay for the movie. It's in my purchases, I watched about 20 min. of it, went back a few days later and now just get this same message & cannot watch it. I called D* but they were of no real help. Anyone know what the deal is?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.