There is nothing magical or mystical about aligning the Slimline dish.h2hu2fta said:Ok, here is my situation. I am a current subscriber to DTV with a HD subscription. I am buying a second house and would like to put up a slimline AU9S dish on my second house. I have installed other dishes (both DTV and Dishnet) before with 100% success. I was alway able to install those other dishes without the use of a sat meter. I just used a receiver to reach the optimal peak. Now, I'm a bit stumped interms of installing this slimline AU9S dish. I have the install manual for the slimline dish, but unable to understand the pointing of each lnb. My area code of this dish install is 94121. Can someone tell me if I need to point each lnb separately or just one or two to get the rest of the sats to come it? Please advise, TIA.
1. Go to dishpointer.com, put in your address/gps and select Directv 5 LNB and get your magnetic azimuth, elevation, and skew settings.
2. Set the elevation and skew(tilt) before you hoist the dish up.
3. Mount the dish on the mast, NOT tightening the three mast clamp nuts, connect the feeds to the receiver and point the dish (azimuth) to the compass heading you got from dishpointer.com.
4. Use the receiver Signal Strength meter screen and select 101 satellite. "Find" and peak the signal by slowly adjusting the dish's azimuth by hand (adjusting elevation, if necessary, to "find" it)
5. Tighten the three mast clamp nuts...You're in the ballpark.
6. Adjust azimuth and elevation fine-tune screws to peak the 101.
7. Loosen the three nuts on the tilt mechanism and set the signal strength screen to the 119 satellite. Carefully adjust the dish's tilt, by hand, to peak the 119.
8. Tighten the tilt nuts.
9. Set Signal strength screen to 103 c and peak the signal, using az/el fine adjustments again.
10. Repeat steps 6 thru 9 as necessary.
11. Be sure to tighten all lockdown nuts!
Piece o' cake