DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PVR 508 circa 2002. I have a couple of basic questions about hooking up a second receiver.

1) The antenna is labeled 'Dish 500' and the LNB is labeled 'DishPro'. It has two ports, although only one is in use. Does this setup support a second receiver?

2) Is there a monthly fee to activate a 2nd receiver?

It's been a while since I moved, but I recall the hook-up was confusing. The plastic shroud that slips over the F connectors is marked 110 on one side and 119 on the other. At first I thought this meant I had to hook up both sides to receive both birds. However, the receiver only has one input. So I tried hooking up one side and I got good signal form both orbital locations. I'm guessing the shroud was mis-labeled, perhaps stock from an earlier version.

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
It's been a while since I moved, but I recall the hook-up was confusing. The plastic shroud that slips over the F connectors is marked 110 on one side and 119 on the other. At first I thought this meant I had to hook up both sides to receive both birds. However, the receiver only has one input. So I tried hooking up one side and I got good signal form both orbital locations. I'm guessing the shroud was mis-labeled, perhaps stock from an earlier version.
nah, its for if you hook it to a multireceiver dp or dpp switch ; you have to run both lines to the switch, 119 comes on 1, 110 on the other

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
ginahoy said:
... the LNB is labeled 'DishPro'. ... The plastic shroud that slips over the F connectors is marked 110 on one side and 119 on the other. At first I thought this meant I had to hook up both sides to receive both birds.
This is a DP Twin. It has 2 LNBs to pick up 2 satellites, and an internal switch for the receiver to select between them. If you go beyond 2 sats or 2 sat tuners, it can be connected to an external switch as pwah said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.