DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Missouri vs. SEMO football game via Dish Network's website. My receipt tells me that it will be on channel 455, but the guide at the gametime (6PM central) shows a South American soccer match. I don't see the game I ordered listed on any other channel in the guide. I did a front panel reset, that resulted in no change.

Should I be concerned?

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
Try Channel 452 at 6pm Central.

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
Check your channel locks. Channel 452 is one of the regular Sports Alternative channels.

· Icon
822 Posts
What is your programming package??

If you dont subscribe to AT LEAST AT100+plus and/or you do NOT receive YOUR local regional sports network(s), then the ALT channels will not show up on your system. I would hope there would be some sort of workaround for that but *shrug*. For some reason, DISH put this game in the ALT channels instead of in the PPV channels (even though it was PPV game).

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
The PPV channels were full ... the last two alternates were used for the additional PPVs. It was there when I posted ... $29.95 for the game if I said yes on my remote.

· Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shadough said:
What is your programming package??

If you dont subscribe to AT LEAST AT100+plus and/or you do NOT receive YOUR local regional sports network(s), then the ALT channels will not show up on your system. I would hope there would be some sort of workaround for that but *shrug*. For some reason, DISH put this game in the ALT channels instead of in the PPV channels (even though it was PPV game).
Ah, this must be it. I'm still on HD absolute, so no RSN for me.

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
If I use my 611 Dish (living room) to order a PPV, will I be able to watch it on my 311 receiver (bedroom) also?
I'm guessing you mean 622 or 612. The short answer is no. The long answer is, if the 311 is hooked to a phone line you can order the same event on it, and you will only be charged one time. You have to make sure they are the same event number though. So if you order the HD version on one, and the SD on the other, you would be double-charged, since those have different event numbers. The event number is a 5 digit number in the information on the PPV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.