DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few weeks, I've been sitting in limbo waiting for an office in Colorado to contact me. The weekend after Thanksgiving, we suddenly got a blue screen on our television with a note to call customer service. The representative proceeded to tell me that our service had been discontinued and our account put on hold pending investigation into our "questionable identity". Since then, I've placed at least a dozen calls into the service center and spoken with probably every supervisor there who tells me there is nothing they can tell me, that I have to speak with this office in Colorado - of which they won't give me a phone number for. For the first two weeks, we were told someone from that office would be contacting us within 24 hours. Then it went to, "well... someone should be calling you, but you'll definitely get a letter from the office within four weeks. It’s now been three weeks and we haven't received anything and I doubt seriously if we receive anything next week. The kicker, I have a security clearance. I've always paid my bills on time and have never stolen anything. If this company damages my clearance in any way, I will definitely be taking them to court. As it is for now, we don't know what they are thinking or when they will be contacting us. We are just flabbergasted and dumbfounded at the quality of customer service and how this company treats their customers.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Supposedly there is s number to 'the president's office" of D* that some members here have reported having success calling and getting there problems resolved. Hopefully someone can come along and post that number.
I agree this would be a matter that you would want taken care of pretty quickly.

Good luck and keep us posted.

btw, what model receiver do you have?

:welcome_s

·
AllStar
77 Posts
JPat said:
For the last few weeks, I've been sitting in limbo waiting for an office in Colorado to contact me. The weekend after Thanksgiving, we suddenly got a blue screen on our television with a note to call customer service. The representative proceeded to tell me that our service had been discontinued and our account put on hold pending investigation into our "questionable identity". Since then, I've placed at least a dozen calls into the service center and spoken with probably every supervisor there who tells me there is nothing they can tell me, that I have to speak with this office in Colorado - of which they won't give me a phone number for. For the first two weeks, we were told someone from that office would be contacting us within 24 hours. Then it went to, "well... someone should be calling you, but you'll definitely get a letter from the office within four weeks. It's now been three weeks and we haven't received anything and I doubt seriously if we receive anything next week. The kicker, I have a security clearance. I've always paid my bills on time and have never stolen anything. If this company damages my clearance in any way, I will definitely be taking them to court. As it is for now, we don't know what they are thinking or when they will be contacting us. We are just flabbergasted and dumbfounded at the quality of customer service and how this company treats their customers.
what security clearance

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I have forwarded your thread, to some people at DirecTV... to get some more information for you. I will let you know any updates that I get.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hornetsfan30m said:
what security clearance
Sorry - you are probably more familiar with the terms secret or top secret clearance.

As for the other comment, "no i have seen Discussions on this site on ACCT being locked do to them shareing Signal's and i hope u know u cant do that"... I believe that would fall under the category of stealing, in which case you obviously didn't read the entire original post or simply wanted to make a funny comment. At any rate, thanks for the input.

JLuc, thanks for trying to get that number. Actually, I found the same deadend trail yesterday in trying to research this a little more before making a post here. I must say, I am delightfully suprised at the amount of comments. Truthfully, I anticipated a dead thread for days or weeks - but you folks are quick. Thanks for the interest and I'll keep you updated on the developments.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
Supposedly there is s number to 'the president's office" of D* that some members here have reported having success calling and getting there problems resolved. Hopefully someone can come along and post that number.
I agree this would be a matter that you would want taken care of pretty quickly.

Good luck and keep us posted.

btw, what model receiver do you have?

:welcome_s
Forgot to mention in the last post, the receiver model number is D11-500.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
JPat said:
Forgot to mention in the last post, the receiver model number is D11-500.
I was just wondering if it possibly had something odd do to w/ the HR20.
Not to blame the HR20 for everything odd in the world though.

·
Legend
115 Posts
It should take 4-6 weeks to clear. You should receive a letter in the mail. Something or someone triggered a Singal Integrity dispute. It could be that someone has stolen your identity in which case they are using your information. When you called in as with any fraud case the csr's are doing right by not discussing anything with you. They should of provided you with a mailing address that you could write to as well. There is no number available for them as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,887 Posts
JPat: Once you have enough information to know what is going on, you might consider approaching your boss/commander/whatever and explain the situation and your concern regarding the clearance. Having been in the "nunya" category at one time, all I can recommend is being as up-front and open as possible.

Carl

·
Legend
224 Posts
google "directv" and "el segundo california" you should be able to get telephone info for corp. HQ. Call the main line....say you want to talk to someone in Mr Carey's office.

that should get you corporate CSR...they will help direct you to the right person (although your issue may be different)

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Today, I received an invoice in the mail for last month, with the amount paid up via direct debit. However, there was a note on the side of the bill that said I would be receiving an equipment return kit in the mail in the next few days and I needed to return all of my receivers to avoid being charged. I phoned the CSRs and was told to disregard the statement - that I should still be receiving a phone call and letter at some point from the office in Colorado. The best part, the statement on the envoice said, "We are sorry to lose you as a customer and hope to welcome you back someday soon"... What a hoot.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
Dbadone said:
When you called in as with any fraud case the csr's are doing right by not discussing anything with you. They should of provided you with a mailing address that you could write to as well.
What good is getting an address to write to when they won't tell you what is going on?

JPat, had you talked to a csr recently BEFORE all of this crap started? If so, the csr probably got confused and screwed up your account. I've seen this happen a lot more often than it should.

One time, I was on a movers connect that was getting an additional receiver activated. I called to activate the receiver and to have the locals changed to this area. The csr says, "The customer shouldn't be getting locals for that area because they live in blah blah (former address). I'm going to note the account and I'll have to transfer you to the signal integrity department." By shear luck, I was able to get the csr to stop the process so that I could explain that sometimes, on movers connects, the customer actually moves to a new address. And that sometimes when they move, it is to an area that has different local channels, as was this case.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.