DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lease a 625 and a 322. right now i'm not using the 322 so it's costing me $5 per month. there is a possibility that we might want it back in the future if our circumstances change. so if i return it, what is policy to get it (or any other receiver) back again?

if getting it back in the future will cost me nothing but a committment to pay $5 a month then there is no incentive to keep it right now. but if they are going to want some sort of payment then of course it may be worth it to keep the thing and just pay the $5 per month rental fee even though i'm not using it right now...

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,479 Posts
psnarula said:
i lease a 625 and a 322. right now i'm not using the 322 so it's costing me $5 per month. there is a possibility that we might want it back in the future if our circumstances change.
This depends on how quickly your requirements may change.

If there is a likelihood that you'll get an HDTV before you'll need the 322 back, then return the 322.

You would have to ask Dish Network about any costs associated with re-aquiring a receiver. You also need to look into any commitments that you may have. If you decide you need another receiver, you'll almost certainly be nailed with an 18 month contract.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,295 Posts
psnarula said:
i lease a 625 and a 322. right now i'm not using the 322 so it's costing me $5 per month. there is a possibility that we might want it back in the future if our circumstances change. so if i return it, what is policy to get it (or any other receiver) back again?

if getting it back in the future will cost me nothing but a committment to pay $5 a month then there is no incentive to keep it right now. but if they are going to want some sort of payment then of course it may be worth it to keep the thing and just pay the $5 per month rental fee even though i'm not using it right now...
Maybe you can just ask them to de-activate the 322. You wouldn't be able to use it, but it wouldn't cost you anything either. If you need it sometime later, you'd have it, and you wouldn't have any shipping charges.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
Sign in to My Account at the DISH website and click Equipment Info, then DISH'n It Up. It lists the prices and terms for you to add a receiver to your account (or upgrade if you choose to return something). Note that they have a once-every-12-months restriction so if you got the 625 under an upgrade 7 months ago, you might not be able to do anything for 5 more months with a LEASE. You could always purchase a receiver to add to your account. With a purchased receiver, you can activate and deactivate it at will without charge.

·
Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
harsh said:
If there is a likelihood that you'll get an HDTV before you'll need the 322 back, then return the 322.

You would have to ask Dish Network about any costs associated with re-aquiring a receiver. You also need to look into any commitments that you may have. If you decide you need another receiver, you'll almost certainly be nailed with an 18 month contract.
hdtv is not in the plans for the immediate future.

i hadn't thought about being forced to go with another 18 month contract. we're generally happy with dish but were probably going to explore our options when the current contract runs out in july 2007.

·
Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CABill said:
Sign in to My Account at the DISH website and click Equipment Info, then DISH'n It Up. It lists the prices and terms for you to add a receiver to your account (or upgrade if you choose to return something). Note that they have a once-every-12-months restriction so if you got the 625 under an upgrade 7 months ago, you might not be able to do anything for 5 more months with a LEASE. You could always purchase a receiver to add to your account. With a purchased receiver, you can activate and deactivate it at will without charge.
dish it up says it would cost us $49 for a single tuner, $69 for a dual tuner, and $200 for a high def receiver...

·
Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mikey said:
Maybe you can just ask them to de-activate the 322. You wouldn't be able to use it, but it wouldn't cost you anything either. If you need it sometime later, you'd have it, and you wouldn't have any shipping charges.
this might be the best option. i didn't realize i could ask them to do that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.