DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you all are well and happy today. :)

I'm going to CES and will be trying to buttonhole Directv (and others) and then report back here what I find out. As you are an erudite group in general and I'm likely to forget something, are there any questions you'd like me to ask (that won't get me thrown out!)

Thanks all,
Tom

· Hall Of Fame
3,181 Posts
I can not think of any questions that will not get you thrown out. :lol: :lol:
Have a great time. Wish I could go.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Remember, I don't want to get my service cut off--I mean thrown out. ;)

· AllStar
96 Posts
1. When do they plan to release more details about FTM?
2. When do they expect nationwide coverage of HD locals?

Those are my primary concerns.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,481 Posts
I'd ask what there intentions are regarding offering HD RSNs on a CONUS basis.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
veryoldschool said:
I guess you could ask [more] about the Sony HD-DVR with DVD burner coming out in June. Just got off the phone with Retention, who mentioned it. How much?
That would be very intresting to hear an answer too...
As that is the first I have remotely heard of ANYTHING like that coming into the fold.

Let alone there being another DVR... and one with a DVD burner in it.
And Sony comming back into the Fold of DirecTV manufacturers..

· Registered
31,115 Posts
tibber said:
Hope you all are well and happy today. :)

I'm going to CES and will be trying to buttonhole Directv (and others) and then report back here what I find out. As you are an erudite group in general and I'm likely to forget something, are there any questions you'd like me to ask (that won't get me thrown out!)
I envy you. I was in Vegas twice in November, and would have traded that for joining you next week at CES.

My guess is the hot 3 topics for questions are:

1) What new equipment in 2007?
2) What new HD channels in 2007?
3) What new services in 2007?

I hope you're taking your camera....last year, there was plenty to photograph according to what I saw from my brother who attended.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hdtvfan0001 said:
I envy you. I was in Vegas twice in November, and would have traded that for joining you next week at CES.

My guess is the hot 3 topics for questions are:

1) What new equipment in 2007?
2) What new HD channels in 2007?
3) What new services in 2007?

I hope you're taking your camera....last year, there was plenty to photograph according to what I saw from my brother who attended.
I've wanted to go ever since I heard about it about 8 years ago, IIRC. I've even had tix, but never the time until now.

And I've ordered new camera, memory, and batteries... :)

Cheers,
Tom

· Icon
765 Posts
Since nobody has said it yet, I will. But I bet its on your list.
DLBs
DLBs
then also
DLBs

:lol:

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why no, whats DLB?? :) :)

Yup, on the list.

· Icon
765 Posts
tibber said:
Why no, whats DLB?? :) :)

Yup, on the list.
chuckle. I like a man with a sensayuma.

I wonder seriously if they willl really give any valuable answers or just dance around it all. We can't really say at this time, yada yada yada. I wonder if tehy are even people 'in the know' or not. I will be looking forward to your report.

· Icon
765 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
I can't wait to hear the answer on DLB.

And I'd like to add a "I'll second that" to the question asked earlier:

Which HD networks, and when?
Doesn't what hd we get depend on the tv stations themselves going to HD? Aren't we getting those that are hd now, and when stations like CNN, or DIY or whoever, decide to finally go HD, then we will get it in HD?

· Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
HolmesCo said:
Doesn't what hd we get depend on the tv stations themselves going to HD? Aren't we getting those that are hd now, and when stations like CNN, or DIY or whoever, decide to finally go HD, then we will get it in HD?
yes- but my *guess* is, that D* is talking with a host of networks about their upcoming capacity and encouraging them to broadcast in HD.

So I am sure they have an idea who is going to come online first, and when.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HolmesCo said:
While it does depend on whats available (and what is interesting to D*) there are several we don't have yet because there just isn't room. Good discussion here.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.