DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Heres one for the tech chat.

Actually this one has been bugging me for quite awhile, just never thought to ask it untill now.

When with the Dish 6000 support the OTA EPG Data sent by Digital Stations via their PSIP stream?

I would be nice to see show listings instead of "Digital Programming" listed on my 6000 epg.

· Icon
955 Posts
Originally posted by BobaBird

A few users have experimented with an SW64 / SW21 cascade on the newer receivers that have 129 on the dish pointing screen. It seems to work but is unstable, requiring a switch check each time the receiver is turned on.
FYI, BobaBird, I use this set-up & occasionally get the "problem has been detected with your switch..." error message.

But it turns out that a switch test is not really necessary. "OKing" out of the message window usually brings up the video normally and/or changing chs or using the guide results in normal operation.

Another minor issue occurs where channels are duplicated on 61.5 & 148. If you are on one of the duplicates you can not go up/down in the direction of the twin since the rcvr "thinks" you are already on that ch. So you have to use "Browse" or the EPG to get past it.

These are essentially minor quirks, however, and once you know the work-arounds they are not big deals.

· AllStar
62 Posts
Why does Dishplayer with WebTV turns off suddenly when flippng channels in the 8000s? Also when are they going to take down locals in the 232-248 range? Seems like a waste of bandwith to me.

· Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
I don't know about the Dishplayer, psecic, but the locals in the 232-248 range, and the rest of them in the 700's aren't taking any additional bandwidth because they are mirrored onto those channels from their base channels. One signal mapped over several different channels. Of course, if they are duplicated on the conus beams and spot beams at the same time, then they take additional bandwidth.

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Remember on the Charlie Chat when they mentioned the idea that allowed local channels to be numbered identical to their DMA?
When is this gonna happen? :confused:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.