DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my HR20 from CC (one of the lucky ones I guess) and my install is happening on Saturday. I know from reading that OTA hasn't been enabled yet, but my question (being new to D*) is this Do I need to have the installer put in a separate OTA antenna or does the dish cover that itself? Sorry for what is probably a no-brainer question, but I just want to make sure that I only have to have them here once and that I make sure they have everything I need when they come. TIA

· Legend
228 Posts
Yep, you have to put up a separate antenna. Dish won't provide OTA signals.

· Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, that is what I thought but wanted to be sure. What if antennaweb.org says there are NO digital channels available. Am I just throwing away money or should I put it up to "future proof" myself?

· Registered
12,607 Posts
nymart said:
Thanks guys, that is what I thought but wanted to be sure. What if antennaweb.org says there are NO digital channels available. Am I just throwing away money or should I put it up to "future proof" myself?
Then you must be far from the transmitters. Check out the "Local HDTV Reception Forum" at http://www.avsforum.com. Find the thread for your nearest city(s). There you can ask folks what antennas work well in your area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.