DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
Go into the menu where the series manager is, and one of the options is MANUAL record. Select it, select the day, select the channel, select the start time, select the duration.

· Godfather
398 Posts
inf0z said:
I was under the impression that it was a running recording like a buffer.... per-say always record two hours of X channel
Yes, there is a 90 minute (I believe) buffer of what is playing on the DVR. If you turn on the TV and press play you'll be able to see how much is buffered (green bar). If you press record the bar will change to orange and save whatever is buffered to your playlist.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
Just keep in mind that the buffer is only there for the foreground tuner on the HR34. If you change channels, the buffer is wiped and will start over again on the new channel.

- Merg

· Legend
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Myth debunked. Thanks for the info. I had several people tell me that the 34 could be set to continuously buffer multiple channels at once(If you were to lazy to search through the guide and set recordings.) I was 99% sure that was false information as I couldn't find the option any where.

· Godfather
433 Posts
technically if you only ever wanted to watch five channels from the tuners on the 34, you could set those manual recordings for five channels over and over and always have hours and hours from those channels available to view.

· Legend
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol I would have to mod my receiver to a 2TB drive to support that much recording. Speaking of which... Did you replace the internal drive on your receiver or did you hook up an external drive?

· Godfather
433 Posts
inf0z said:
Lol I would have to mod my receiver to a 2TB drive to support that much recording. Speaking of which... Did you replace the internal drive on your receiver or did you hook up an external drive?
Internal on both

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
And you know I have to jump in and point out that doing so is in violation of your customer agreement if these are leased receivers. Please continue the conversation... I just have to note that.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
If I were to put a 2TB drive on my 34, I probably would get a compatible RAID enclosure and two drives. Generally seems the best of both worlds. External so would not violate the TOS (don't own mine like Jerry does), no issues if one drive goes bad.

Of course this is also because another external box doesn't bother me.

· Godfather
433 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
And you know I have to jump in and point out that doing so is in violation of your customer agreement if these are leased receivers. Please continue the conversation... I just have to note that.
Both owned. Just one of the reasons to own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.