DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am using an HR34.

My understanding is that to show only HD channels in the guide, you have to press Guide twice, then the down arrow 7 times until you get to "HDTV Channels."

Is there a better way that doesn't require 9 button presses? I supposed I could create a favorites list with only HD channels, but that would be tedious. If that's the only method, I'll do it. Just curious if there is a better way.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
liquidsense said:
I currently am using an HR34.

My understanding is that to show only HD channels in the guide, you have to press Guide twice, then the down arrow 7 times until you get to "HDTV Channels."

Is there a better way that doesn't require 9 button presses? I supposed I could create a favorites list with only HD channels, but that would be tedious. If that's the only method, I'll do it. Just curious if there is a better way.
Most just use Hide SD Duplicates setting. Then only the HD channels (and SD channels without a HD channel) will show up. Only other way to to create a favorites list.

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Davenlr said:
Most just use Hide SD Duplicates setting. Then only the HD channels (and SD channels without a HD channel) will show up. Only other way to to create a favorites list.
Thanks for the insight.

TheRatPatrol said:
Or guide>guide>channel down>select
Yea, but that's the 9-step button press that I'm trying to avoid. You have to press "channel down" seven times. Strange that you can't just press up and cycle to the bottom of the list.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,708 Posts
"liquidsense" said:
but that's the 9-step button press that I'm trying to avoid. You have to press "channel down" seven times. Strange that you can't just press up and cycle to the bottom of the list.
No if you press channel down (not arrow down) it will take you to the bottom of the list. Try it.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
liquidsense said:
I supposed I could create a favorites list with only HD channels, but that would be tedious.
Yes, it is a little tedious, but you only have to do it once..
(And then update it when new HD channels are added)

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be neat if you could custom map buttons. For instance, some of the colored buttons don't do anything when you press them while watching TV. It would be nice to customize one of them to show only the HD channels.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,708 Posts
"liquidsense" said:
It would be neat if you could custom map buttons. For instance, some of the colored buttons don't do anything when you press them while watching TV. It would be nice to customize one of them to show only the HD channels.
Sorry to say but the color buttons are eventually going away.

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheRatPatrol said:
Sorry to say but the color buttons are eventually going away.
Out of curiosity, what do you mean they are "going away"? They will de-program those buttons in the future? Why? Are they causing problems? I thought they were helpful (e.g., pressing blue button to show abbreviated guide while watching a channel).

·
Hall Of Fame
8,708 Posts
"liquidsense" said:
Out of curiosity, what do you mean they are "going away"? They will de-program those buttons in the future? Why? Are they causing problems? I thought they were helpful (e.g., pressing blue button to show abbreviated guide while watching a channel).
Because the new remotes (in hotels) don't have the color buttons (except the red button). I'm not sure why they decided to remove them from the new remotes, that's taking a step back if you ask me.

Mini guide is now also accessed with the enter button.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
I know it isn't going to happen (especially if they are doing away with the colored buttons), but I wish they would go back to the old way of how the remote would operate. I really miss the dash-dash delete. Also, using the green button in the guide to jump ahead a day or two is a lot easier than doing it the other way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.