DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Qwest Courts Best Buy Customers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Christian Lewis
11/2/2006 4:32:00 PM

Qwest Communications International is now offering a bundle of high-speed-Internet and all-digital DirecTV service through 110 Best Buy stores in 14 states.

Customers visiting Best Buy can determine if they are eligible for the bundle and order at the store, as well as set up DirecTV installation. The services will then appear on a single monthly Qwest bill, providing a triple-play bundle discount for Qwest customers with a home phone package, according to the company.

--
( Source: http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6387797.html )
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,642 Posts
Qwest can go take a flying leap. Here in the Phoenix area they aren't even putting the necessary equipment in place in new build areas to handle anything type of high speed internet. My house in two years old in a two year old subdivision and there's no high speed available. I moved last year from a 10 year old subdivision in Scottsdale and there was no DSL available there either.

Yet these idiots still run through the neighborhood placing flyers on everyone's door about high speed internet. I call and they say, oh, no that's not available in your area. As far as I'm concerned Qwest is a laugh as a telco company.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
237 Posts
The area I now live in was torn down and rebuilt. I am approximately 14010ft. from the CO. Now, I know that is far but, what blows me away is that this is all new construction in this neighborhood and you would think Qwest would see this as a way to shape up and do something to cover this neighborhood. However, DSL isn't being offered here yet. What I find hilarious is that other providers such as Speakeasy and Covad whom both rent the lines and CO space from Qwest offer service here. LOL I really wish Qwest would get its head out of its a$$.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,642 Posts
All Qwest is doing is the minimum. They're not investing in any new technology or any new developments. As long as they can add a repeater they'll do it. Making even their phone service sound like crap.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
237 Posts
Wolffpack said:
All Qwest is doing is the minimum. They're not investing in any new technology or any new developments. As long as they can add a repeater they'll do it. Making even their phone service sound like crap.
I have no idea what exactly their plans are. I am not saying that I'm demanding Qwest to roll out their version of FIOS but, I just wish they would get their act together. I am just a little pissed that the fact they don't even have DSL everywhere yet.
 

·
Beer Aficionado
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
You guys might actually have the same problem we have here. Our subdivision is 7 years old. When SBC (now AT&T AGAIN) wired it they did it "pair gain" style to save money. All that did for the end users was make it impossible to get dsl because evidently dsl service doesn't work over pair gain setups.

Fortunately my phone company (NOT At&T) started offering wireless dsl so I was able to dump Road Runner two years ago. In fact, when I had dialup before RR, I was only able to get about 26Kbps max. Pair gain wiring is EVIL.

Here's a description:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pair_gain
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,642 Posts
If it wasn't for COX offering high speed here my only choice would be DirecWay or HughesNet or whatever they're called now. And I'm in a 2 year old subdivision in a growing area of Phoenix. Not at all in the boonies.
 

·
1960'S NOSTALGIA
Joined
·
213 Posts
Darkman said:
Qwest Courts Best Buy Customers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Christian Lewis
11/2/2006 4:32:00 PM

Qwest Communications International is now offering a bundle of high-speed-Internet and all-digital DirecTV service through 110 Best Buy stores in 14 states.

Customers visiting Best Buy can determine if they are eligible for the bundle and order at the store, as well as set up DirecTV installation. The services will then appear on a single monthly Qwest bill, providing a triple-play bundle discount for Qwest customers with a home phone package, according to the company.

--
( Source: http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6387797.html )
Here in Atlanta, Directv is offered with a bundle with Bellsouth...of course it will now be ATT in month or two...I have and prefer to leave mine as automatically paid from my checking account each month instead of being bundled...
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
522 Posts
Good ole Q-Worst!

The only way I could get xfer higher than 28/26K was to sign up for 1.5M DSL.

My down loads are blazing FAST!--200K peaks.

Bob
 

·
Éminence grise
Joined
·
8,473 Posts
robert koerner said:
Good ole Q-Worst!

The only way I could get xfer higher than 28/26K was to sign up for 1.5M DSL.

My down loads are blazing FAST!--200K peaks.

Bob
It depends a lot on the area and unfortunately Tucson isn't one of the better ones. When I lived there I couldn't get DSL in my area (Catalina foothills) and got 26k with a 56k modem on a good day. I moved to WA in 2000 and was able to get DSL. It has worked fine (1282/769).
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top