DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but perhaps under a different name or title. At any rate, does anyone know if D** plans to change the search feature in the R-15? For example, if you're searching for a particular actor and there is no mention of that actor in the current guide, it won't let you create the search. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. The search feature seems to be tied to the current guide. Wish there was a way to create a search even if it's not in the guide and it pulls it when the keyword or actor shows up.

BTW...had to do a total reformat last night. One of my R-15's (one with the called ID problem- no more than 2 calls) locked, stopped recording, you name it , it wasn't doing it. Wife freaked out. Called D** and they said before they sent me a new machine they wanted me to reformat (back to default) I have the 105F version. So far, so good....it's now showing 5 logged calls. Not sure if my wife knows all her movies are gone!!!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
12,886 Posts
I just tried doing a couple of searches (something I have vigorously avoided as that seems to contribute to the R15's instability), and it does not appear to let you find something that is not in the guide data.

Also, I think you are really talking about doing autorecords based on a search, which is something that definately is causing the R15 problems at the present time. Until the search/autorecord issues are resolved, you will probably have less problems with your R15 if you avoid using those functions.

Carl

·
Godfather
440 Posts
I'm having no problems with Searches and Autorecords. And yes it is tied to the guide. I learned that if you have recent searches in your system and you reset or the guide data is erased in anyway, the box replaces a name of a search with one that is in the guide. So, for example, I have an autorecord for Will Ferrel, but if I reset, that automatically becomes an autorecord for Bill Cosby or something like that, because Will Ferrel isn't in the guide yet, however another person is. So, if you do set up an autorecord, if you reset, go and check on those searches.

Oh, and they probably won't change it with these set of updates, but most likely, with the next major update or when they incorporate the new UI, we will probably see something new in the line of searching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.