DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running a dual setup for the past month or so.

Slimline 5 / HR22 / WB68

old 3lnb dish / 1lnb dish / 2 - R10's / SAM 6802 - locals on 72.5

My HD locals just lit up yesterday so I want to move the 2 -R10's over to the slimline setup and get rid of the other two dishes.

1. Where are the SD locals at now?
2. Are the R10's able to work with the slimline?

I moved one over to the WB68. Did a restart and no SD locals. Did auto detect satellites and found 110,101,119 on both tuners. Still no locals.

What can I do if anything to use the R10's on the new slimline? If nothing I guess I run dual systems until they shut off 72.5 or I up grade to new equipment....

bill

· Banned
4,253 Posts
When the SD locals move off of the 72.5 SAt. you wil need an R22 or an HR2* receiver to receive them as they will be MPEG4.

· Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After searching alot of different threads today I realized that I'll be upgrading sooner than I had planned....:(

Does anyone know when the SD locals will be gone from 72.5?

Looks like I'll have to go out and buy 2 HR22's to replace the 2 - R10's I have.

Why doesn't Directv have any deals for people that have to upgrade for something beyond our control? Or do they and I haven't found it yet?

bill

· Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
If your SD locals are still on 72.5, you can connect that dish to Flexport 1 on your WB68 and you should be able to make use of 72.5 with any/all of your current equipment.

Once your locals move off of 72.5, you will need mpeg4 equipment to receive them. DirecTV should be able to offer you some upgrade path for your non-mpeg4 receivers and DVRs, you will need to talk to them about that.

Carl

· Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
carl6 said:
If your SD locals are still on 72.5, you can connect that dish to Flexport 1 on your WB68 and you should be able to make use of 72.5 with any/all of your current equipment.

Once your locals move off of 72.5, you will need mpeg4 equipment to receive them. DirecTV should be able to offer you some upgrade path for your non-mpeg4 receivers and DVRs, you will need to talk to them about that.

Carl
Thanks Carl. I thought I read that somewhere about the flex port.

HD Locals became available this week (Syracuse). My question is does anyone know how long the SD locals will remain on 72.5? :confused:

bill

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
bman542 said:
After searching alot of different threads today I realized that I'll be upgrading sooner than I had planned....:(

Does anyone know when the SD locals will be gone from 72.5?

Looks like I'll have to go out and buy 2 HR22's to replace the 2 - R10's I have.

Why doesn't Directv have any deals for people that have to upgrade for something beyond our control? Or do they and I haven't found it yet?

bill
From what I've heard, DirecTV will replace the R10s for free. Call them.

· Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
ticmxman said:
So will this effect my R-10 conected to my slimline 5, picking up Atlanta locals?
No. The replacement is for situations where SD locals are moving from 72.5 to 99 or 103, thus mandating an mpeg4 receiver. If your locals are on 101 (or 119), then no change is required.

Carl

· Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Newshawk said:
From what I've heard, DirecTV will replace the R10s for free. Call them.
I didn't have time to call today so I sent them a quick email asking what they could do.

Got a fast reply basically stating that since I'm a loyal customer they want to keep my business. Told me to create an account at directv.com and check out the prices there (this is where you'll find the best deals according to email) Also check the email alert box so I can keep up on the great deals offered. It ended saying that if this wasn't to my satisfaction that I should call a 1-800 number (don't recall number) I don't believe it was the regular number. Probably retention....

I guess I'll call to see what they have to offer....

bill

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,454 Posts
bman542 said:
My guess is that when it becomes an issue, they will offer to lease you a pair of R22s.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,454 Posts
ticmxman said:
So will this effect my R-10 conected to my slimline 5, picking up Atlanta locals?
Atlanta SD LIL comes from 101W. Those who should be concerned are those that currently get their locals from 72.5W.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.