DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new R15-100 DVR. It has recorded and playback everything and have set it for. The only problem I'm having is during recording playback. The time indicator, that shows you how many mintues you are into the recording, will freeze up and not move at any time. It will freeze up sometimes when you use the FF or the 30 sec slip. The next recording you view it will work just fine all the way to the end. It can freeze up 2 minutes into the program or 45 minutes. Since this is a new unit, has anyone had this problem. There has been no software update other than the original one.

·
Legend
182 Posts
Well, if it continues...you'll probably need to reformat the drive..

1. red reset button
2. wait until the screen goes black after "almost there"
3. press the record button and down arrow (on the front of the receiver, not with the remote)
4. hold them both down for 15 seconds, then let go...the record light will stay on...then just wait about 2 mins. and you're programming should be back.

·
Icon
582 Posts
don't bother reformatting and losing your recordings. Mine has had the stuck time bar for a couplke months now. Yes, a small annoyance, but if you have a lot of programming to watch, live with the issue until further sw updates.

A red button reset is ok though (good), but a record button and down arrow will reformat (bad, unless REALLY neccessary).

·
Legend
147 Posts
It's a known bug with all the R-15's. Hitting the jump back button will unstick it. Reformating the drive seems a little drastic when it's only the time bar getting stuck and the program will continue to play ok.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
As White_Horse said, the jumpback will unstick the time bar. For the other issue with the program locking up, try using the jump to end (hold down the 30 slip for a couple seconds) and then rewind to just before it freezes and you should be able to watch it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.