DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a relatively new R15-100 (about a month and a half old). I have had the following scenario happen now twice - once about 3 weeks in and again this evening. The box will just reset itself - first time was during MNF and tonites was during a playback of a recorded show (CSI). Once this happens, all of my SL's have listings in the History that go out for 2 weeks (extent of guide data at the time perhaps?), that all show "Not Recorded". When this ocurred last time, I waited a day or so and nothing would record. To fix this, I had to do a reset everything and then reset the SL's. I do not have a lot of them set, but it sure is a pain. Why would it set all of the episodes to not recorded in History? And apparently, once this happens - nothing will be recorded. I have seen responses where folks are resetting thier units on a weekly basis - are you doing that via the red button, or the reset receiver in setup? Do you think a weekly reset will prevent this from ocurring?

· AllStar
118 Posts
GiantFan said:
I have a relatively new R15-100 (about a month and a half old). I have had the following scenario happen now twice - once about 3 weeks in and again this evening. The box will just reset itself - first time was during MNF and tonites was during a playback of a recorded show (CSI). Once this happens, all of my SL's have listings in the History that go out for 2 weeks (extent of guide data at the time perhaps?), that all show "Not Recorded". When this ocurred last time, I waited a day or so and nothing would record. To fix this, I had to do a reset everything and then reset the SL's. I do not have a lot of them set, but it sure is a pain. Why would it set all of the episodes to not recorded in History? And apparently, once this happens - nothing will be recorded. I have seen responses where folks are resetting thier units on a weekly basis - are you doing that via the red button, or the reset receiver in setup? Do you think a weekly reset will prevent this from ocurring?
This would explain why when I went on vacation all of my saved listings showed up as "Not Recorded". Any input would be appreciated. Also, is there a software updated for the R15-100 planned anytime soon? It looks like we are all working off the original software.

· Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
I'd sugest a reformat reset (details in the FAQ) while you have little or no content recorded. It's cleared serious problems for many users. The obvious drawback being the loss of your recordings and SL's.

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
qwerty said:
I'd sugest a reformat reset (details in the FAQ) while you have little or no content recorded. It's cleared serious problems for many users. The obvious drawback being the loss of your recordings and SL's.
I did a reformat reset (I used the "reset everything" instead of the red button and holding keys down). In fact, I did this the first time as well. This seems to work well for a few weeks, but then the issue (whatever it is) seems to return. Whatever happens to the box (first time I got a black screen, this last time, I seemed to glitch for a second or two, then it just reset) it seems to take all of my SL's and put a entry in history for all episodes in the future and says "not recorded". As I said earlier, if you wait, the next episode to record (which I did verify is in the to do list) will not record.

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
qwerty said:
You could try forcing a download to reinstall the software. Other than that, I think you're at the replacement stage.
Well, I decided to do just that. I did the 02468 and it reinstalled (also did the reset everything). I will monitor this for a while to see if it resolves the issues. So far so good - it has been only two days (reset it Monday night). Interesting side note - I could not get the down arrow-record button to do a reset and reformat. I held the buttons down for longer than 5 seconds when the black screen started as per the FAQ. However, it did not do a reformat (verified by checking to see if the VOD stuff was still there - and it was). I went back and did the reset everything and it seemed to work. I wonder if the down arrow-record button only works on the 500/300 series? Or perhaps it was just user error on my part...

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I think the DA/Rec sequence is fairly critical as to timing - when you do it. I've got a -500 that it worked on a while back, but would not work on the last time I tried, so I used the menu option, which did work. Maybe they removed support for that button sequence?

Carl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.