10,120 Posts

·
Difficulty Concen........
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
I recently read a post for an HD receiver and they were saying it was going to sleep.
The fact was it was not.
What it was doing was that the Screen Saver was coming on when they were watching live TV and had not pressed a remote control button in a couple of hours.
Can you find out if the screen saver is coming to the screen ?

·
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jimmie57 said:
I recently read a post for an HD receiver and they were saying it was going to sleep.
The fact was it was not.
What it was doing was that the Screen Saver was coming on when they were watching live TV and had not pressed a remote control button in a couple of hours.
Can you find out if the screen saver is coming to the screen ?
I am asking now, but I believe it is the power saving blank screen where the box goes to sleep, not a screensaver.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Tell them that when it is not set to record to restart the receiver.
I do not have one so I do not know the exact steps to tell you for the software restart.

There is a red button next to the smart card that they can push and it will reset it.
Tell them to do that and see if that fixes it.

·
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jimmie57 said:
Tell them that when it is not set to record to restart the receiver.
I do not have one so I do not know the exact steps to tell you for the software restart.

There is a red button next to the smart card that they can push and it will reset it.
Tell them to do that and see if that fixes it.
Yea, we have been through all that.
I am hoping for someone that has one of these to do a search through their set-up menu's for a power saving yes/no option.
But I am going through some old threads now where this has been a bug since as late as Nov'11.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.