DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like others have reported in this forum, I have noticed VERY sluggish response from my R15-500 beginning with the 10F1 update, which continued after the surprise 10F4 update. This morning I decided to force a software download just to see if anything new might be "in the pipe" and was surprised to see that 10E8 was downloaded. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what's going on at DIRECTV?

I'm so disappointed with the DIRECTV+ DVR and DIRECTV taking so long to fix the significant problems from which it suffers that I plan to activate my old DIRECTiVo HDVR2 to replace the DIRECTV+ DVR. I would rather reduce my recording capacity and enjoy the reliable TiVo software than spend another frustrating day with the piece-of-crap they call DIRECTV+ DVR. :mad:

There... I feel much better now.:hurah:

TJ in Atlanta

· Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Well, 10F4, unlike 10F1, has not been officially released, so I don't know if this necessarily means the same thing as it did with 10F1 (i.e. that the release was bad enough to cancel). Earl?

· Banned
4,642 Posts
walters said:
Well, 10F4, unlike 10F1, has not been officially released, so I don't know if this necessarily means the same thing as it did with 10F1 (i.e. that the release was bad enough to cancel). Earl?
Agreed. I believe that beta versions, being sent to the beta testers, are available in the stream for a day or two at a time. If someone does a 02468 they will no doubt receive a beta test version. Since Earl hasn't heard anything about F4 I would guess that is the case with this version.

Moral is, don't do a 02468 unless you have a need for it or unless you really want to get software versions that may or may not be candidates for release. More so, don't complain if you force a download, get a test version, and it hoses your R15. Wait until something is officially released.

· Legend
136 Posts
Wolffpack,

Users that just happen to be activating their first R15 get the 10F4 if they want it or not because the new R15 updates itself when activated for the first time.
These people have a legitimate complaint.

Keith

Wolffpack said:
Agreed. I believe that beta versions, being sent to the beta testers, are available in the stream for a day or two at a time. If someone does a 02468 they will no doubt receive a beta test version. Since Earl hasn't heard anything about F4 I would guess that is the case with this version.

Moral is, don't do a 02468 unless you have a need for it or unless you really want to get software versions that may or may not be candidates for release. More so, don't complain if you force a download, get a test version, and it hoses your R15. Wait until something is officially released.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
klwillis said:
Wolffpack,

Users that just happen to be activating their first R15 get the 10F4 if they want it or not because the new R15 updates itself when activated for the first time.
These people have a legitimate complaint.

Keith
That's not good. But, then again.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wolffpack said:

If DIRECTV can control which receivers are authorized to receive a particular update, as has been previously confirmed by Earl and others, then they should restrict receipt of the beta/test versions to those specific machines that require them instead putting them in the stream for anyone to "accidentally" download.

Since version 10F4 was released with no warning a few days after 10F1 became available, and Earl knew nothing about it, is it unreasonable to assume there might be yet another release that could be obtained with a forced download that might fix the general sluggishness that's plagued my box since 10F1? At least with 10E8, the sluggishness is gone, and for that I am grateful.

TJ

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
10F4 was not pushed out to the general consumer... hence why I haven't gotten any release notes on it.

For what ever reason, it was up in the stream during a preriod of time when new installes could get see it...

As of right now, I don't think they have put 10E8 back in the stream, to the RID's and Access card range for those that where able to force the download to 10F4

Needless to say... They identified one of the major issues with F1 (that carried into F4), that was causing the sluggishness. They are now waiting for a test build to be completed.

· Legend
272 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
10F4 was not pushed out to the general consumer... hence why I haven't gotten any release notes on it.

For what ever reason, it was up in the stream during a preriod of time when new installes could get see it...

As of right now, I don't think they have put 10E8 back in the stream, to the RID's and Access card range for those that where able to force the download to 10F4

Needless to say... They identified one of the major issues with F1 (that carried into F4), that was causing the sluggishness. They are now waiting for a test build to be completed.
I did a force download (I know ,I know, I should of listened ) last week and received 10F4, then realizing I should have waited, I did another one yesterday and it did put it back to 10E8.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.