DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having a lot more trouble on Sundays with the NFL ST?

It is very slow, and if I attempt to record, or use any DVR features it locks up on me. This caused me to reset the reciever (red button) twice during one game. This is really the only time I use playback features or flip around (I don't even flip around that much, just park it on the Bears for the most part), so I guess this may be how it is and I just don't notice it the rest of the week.

The standard receivers have no troubles and channel flipping seems lightning fast in comparison.

·
Legend
136 Posts
Because ST uses Interactive channel features its more problematic than standard channels. I have had issues but usually a reset fixes it. Try not to uses the cruise controls too often or just having your dvr doing many things at once like looking at the EP guide or adjusting your Priority list or scheduling new programs to record or even deleting program from your play list.
The more you do the more likely it will crash on you.

Keith

jimbo09 said:
Is anyone having a lot more trouble on Sundays with the NFL ST?

It is very slow, and if I attempt to record, or use any DVR features it locks up on me. This caused me to reset the reciever (red button) twice during one game. This is really the only time I use playback features or flip around (I don't even flip around that much, just park it on the Bears for the most part), so I guess this may be how it is and I just don't notice it the rest of the week.

The standard receivers have no troubles and channel flipping seems lightning fast in comparison.

·
Icon
805 Posts
I agree with Keith. If you can go to a "loacal channel" and watch the same game, all works as it should. One other "enhancement" that we should have the ability to choose if it is on or off.

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turn it off for sure.

I have used the scoreboard wrap around feature to see all of the scores/games going on, but I would just as well walk over to my computer and go to ESPN.com or wherever and get the scores/stats I need. Besides, the networks/internet do a pretty good job of running a scoreboard/updating fantasy players stats, etc. I have NFL ST to watch the games, and flip around.

Is anyone using NFL ST to track their fantasy football players?

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
jimbo09 said:
Is anyone using NFL ST to track their fantasy football players?
No but I use the alerts while surfing games incase my team gets a big gain or a score while I'm surfing, so I can jump back and rewind and watch it (I always record my team's game while surfing). I think it might be better if they gave an option not to keep asking on every channel, of if, well now see PIP technology would be great here, if you bring up the scores and data fields it could stay up until you turn it off and just allow you to change the channel in the window (1 tuner to get the info and the other for surfing) that way you could even get scores and alerts while watching a non NFLST channel....... I would just not beable to record my game while surfing with the info up a trade off I'd like to try for sure! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.