DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Beer Aficionado
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my R15-500 since last winter. It's been mostly trouble free other than the rare issue here and there which a reset always took care of.

However, today it froze up when using channel up while not in the guide. Reset did nothing. Waiting did nothing. Then I got the blank screen. Disconnected the power cord for a while. Started up basically ok then, but it's still very slow. I checked and the software has not updated either, it's still on 10D3. I assume it just haven't gotten the update yet? Or should it have gotten 10E8 by now?

Any ideas? This is all new to me because, like I said, it's been relatively trouble free until today.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
You are definitely not alone!!! My R15-500 did about the same thing around three weeks ago. I came home from work, the 'record' light was on. I turned on the box and brought up MyVOD, then chose a program to play. That locked up the box. After a reset, things were very slow. I eventually got D* to send me a replacement (got an R15-300). Have had it about a week. It has already locked up while trying to record, causing it to miss all the recordings I had scheduled until I did a reset.

Last night I had scheduled to record Deal or no Deal, but decided to watch it live while the box was still recording. After the show ended, I tried to change channels. The show had ended and the record light had gone off. When I tried to change channels, I got a screen message that the recording had not finished. I chose to "stop recording and delete", but got the 'boop' error sound, and it still wouldn't let me change channels. After another reset, things are working again, but for how long??

From other postings in this forum, 10E8 doesn't fix anything. For me, the trouble started in July, with 10C-something, and 10D3 just made it worse. Apparently we are stuck with a DVR that only works if you don't try to use it.

· AllStar
79 Posts
I have 10E8. I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for this update to fix ANYTHING. It certainly did not on my machine. Lockups, freezes, botched recordings, progress bar bug,etc etc.
What a piece of work. DTV should be ashamed, but instead they put out commercials bragging about this POS and have the nerve to ask customers to refer their friends!! What the hell are they thinking?>?

· Beer Aficionado
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW: I got frustrated with waiting a minute or two to change channels and a couple regular resets didn't do a thing so I did a full reset/reformat. That really seemed to help. Luckily I didn't have anything important recorded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.