DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new television. It's an Olevia LCD 32" HDTV. I went to set up the R15 remote to control the television and "Olevia" isn't listed with the other television makes.

Am I out of luck trying to to use this remote to operate my new TV? Do you think DTV will update the manufactuers list so at some point I will be able to use the R15 remote to operate my new TV?

Thanks for your help.:rolleyes:

Jim

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
You will probably need to obtain one of the newer remotes.
The RC32 has a larger manufacture/model database

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
www.directv.com

Equipment & Service -> Remotes

I would get the $25 RF Universal (the backlit and the RF is worth the extra $10)

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
tonyc said:
one place i know for sure is directv website,or call them
Try getting it free over the phone, just tell them (retention) you see all these people talking about getting free HD DVRs, you don't think a remote and an antenna is too much to ask for after all the problems with the darn DVR service.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
ahrjmr said:
I just purchased a new television. It's an Olevia LCD 32" HDTV. I went to set up the R15 remote to control the television and "Olevia" isn't listed with the other television makes.

Am I out of luck trying to to use this remote to operate my new TV? Do you think DTV will update the manufactuers list so at some point I will be able to use the R15 remote to operate my new TV?

Thanks for your help.:rolleyes:

Jim
Olevia sets use codes from 4 different manufacturers, LG, RCA, Philips, and Yamaha. Give them all a try.

·
Icon
806 Posts
Just bought an Olevia 27" model 227V. Trying to find the code for this TV. Olevia is not listed for the R15. I tried all the readable codes for LG, RCA, Philips and Yamaha as suggested by Edmund but none of the viewable ones work. In the setup, RCA is said to have 26 codes but only the first 6 show on the screen. How do I find out all the other codes for RCA and the others. Only 6 show for each although more are claimed.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
txtommy said:
Just bought an Olevia 27" model 227V. Trying to find the code for this TV. Olevia is not listed for the R15. I tried all the readable codes for LG, RCA, Philips and Yamaha as suggested by Edmund but none of the viewable ones work. In the setup, RCA is said to have 26 codes but only the first 6 show on the screen. How do I find out all the other codes for RCA and the others. Only 6 show for each although more are claimed.
My suggestion was for the first line of Olevia sets. With the new ones there isn't a code preset into any oem or universal remote for them, sorry. If you were to get an upgradeable universal remote from One-For-All like the urc-8910, 9910, or the 9960 kameleon you can have TV code 1610 loaded over the phone. Of course you would need to add the SAT code for directv receiver as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.