DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those R15 owners with RF remotes and antennas, plug them in and do the following:

1. DTV
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of your receiver ID #
6. press SELECT

You should now be able to control the receiver by RF.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
I have 10F1 and I tryed it with my RC 32RF Remote and it did not work. After I pressed select the receiver made the error sound when you hit a wrong button then the receiver would not respond to any commands from the remote so RF is still not activated on the R15s.

Edit: I took an Coxial Cable and cut it and stripped it down to the wire and hooked up to the RF Remote on the back and tried the code again and it worked so I was wrong and the RF is activated on the R15s.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both a RC24 & RC32rf controlling it via RF. But unlike HD RF capable receivers, R15 accepts both RF & IR at the same time, for now.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bjflynn04 said:
I have 10F1 and I tryed it with my RC 32RF Remote and it did not work. After I pressed select the receiver made the error sound when you hit a wrong button then the receiver would not respond to any commands from the remote so RF is still not activated on the R15s.

Edit: I took an Coxial Cable and cut it and stripped it down to the wire and hooked up to the RF Remote on the back and tried the code again and it worked so I was wrong and the RF is activated on the R15s.
Glad it worked, once you turn on the RF in the remote, that is all the dtv symbol device emits. It can be RF or IR, but not both.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I have the R15-300 (since my 500 died) is it the same for it too?

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't say, since I only have a R15-500. but this isn't do to the newest update, since my receiver is still on 0x10E8. And the only thing you do to the receiver is plug-in the antenna.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Edmund said:
Those R15 owners with RF remotes and antennas, plug them in and do the following:

1. DTV
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of your receiver ID #
6. press SELECT

You should now be able to control the receiver by RF.
Nice work! How did you stumble on this?

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are the steps used previously for the H10, H20, and Hr20 receivers remotes. Why I tried it now, that was do to a poster at satelliteguys.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
I have no reason to doubt you (and no way to test it), but I find it strange that Earl doesn't know about this.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Edmund said:
Those are the steps used previously for the H10, H20, and Hr20 receivers remotes. Why I tried it now, that was do to a poster at satelliteguys.
I wonder why nobody tried it before. I know your pretty good with the codes on the remotes but I know there are others out there that know the remote codes too. I'm shocked that it took a yr for someone to try it.

This kind of makes me wish I had an RF remote and antenna to try this with. This will make alot of people happy. Thanks again for the post.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pulled out an old R15-500 that is no longer subbed, software on it is 0x10B8, updated on 5/22/06. Plugged in the antenna, entered the last 6 digits of the Receiver ID, bingo RF remote controllable. I know I didn't have RF antenna until september, so I couldn't test it before that.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If after trying out RF, and want to change back to IR, just unplug the antenna and do the following on the remote:

1. dtv
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press VOL DOWN

·
UNIX
2,402 Posts
I have both an RC32RF and the RC24 remotes set to control my R15 using RF. The "secret instructions" are in the little folder which comes wrapped around a new remote.

The REAL beauty is that you set the REMOTE to do the RF transmission. The R15 for its' part, still responds to both the IR signals and RF signals sent to it.

This is a great situation.

All this, and I'm using the R15-300 on the 0x104B operating system.

·
Legend
139 Posts
Thanks!!!

I have been waiting for this for a long, long time; and it works like a champ!

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cabanaboy1977 said:
I wonder why nobody tried it before. I know your pretty good with the codes on the remotes but I know there are others out there that know the remote codes too. I'm shocked that it took a yr for someone to try it.

This kind of makes me wish I had an RF remote and antenna to try this with. This will make alot of people happy. Thanks again for the post.
Only good for codes, you don't know a damn about me. Maybe you should learn:

Known as Tivoburkee, on dtv.com forums.

And edmund, at remotecentral

·
Legend
133 Posts
OK, I'm up and running on RF too. This is great. I plugged in a old RF RCA drd antenna in the back, fits perfectly!!!!!!. Why is Directv not telling people about this ????!!!!!!!! I can even change channels from outside the house, amazing !!!

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I got mine working, the R15 is in the living room hooked up to my 36" phillips via RCA cables, I ran the RF coax to the TV in the kitchen, now I can change channels in there too Awesome, I have an RC24 RF remote int the kitchen, looks like original one, If I get a backlit RF one got the living room, will it accept RF from both remotes, or should I leave the living room remote IR?

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
Question 1: Is it possible to set two different RF codes? For example, can you set R15 #1 up for RF with the remote on DTV and R15 #2 up for RF with the remote on AV1?

Question 2: Can you set R15 #1 to RF on DTV and retain R15 #2 on IR on AV1?

Carl

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I imagine since you put the last 6 numbers of the IRD in when you program it it souldn't interfere

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
carl6 said:
Question 1: Is it possible to set two different RF codes? For example, can you set R15 #1 up for RF with the remote on DTV and R15 #2 up for RF with the remote on AV1?
Yes you can have as many receivers set to RF as you have RF remotes. One RF receiver per RF remote.

Question 2: Can you set R15 #1 to RF on DTV and retain R15 #2 on IR on AV1?
If you wish two receivers controlled by one remote, yes it can be done, dtv device will be RF only, and either av1 or av2 set to code 00002.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.