DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those R15 owners with RF remotes and antennas, plug them in and do the following:

1. DTV
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of your receiver ID #
6. press SELECT

You should now be able to control the receiver by RF.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both a RC24 & RC32rf controlling it via RF. But unlike HD RF capable receivers, R15 accepts both RF & IR at the same time, for now.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bjflynn04 said:
I have 10F1 and I tryed it with my RC 32RF Remote and it did not work. After I pressed select the receiver made the error sound when you hit a wrong button then the receiver would not respond to any commands from the remote so RF is still not activated on the R15s.

Edit: I took an Coxial Cable and cut it and stripped it down to the wire and hooked up to the RF Remote on the back and tried the code again and it worked so I was wrong and the RF is activated on the R15s.
Glad it worked, once you turn on the RF in the remote, that is all the dtv symbol device emits. It can be RF or IR, but not both.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't say, since I only have a R15-500. but this isn't do to the newest update, since my receiver is still on 0x10E8. And the only thing you do to the receiver is plug-in the antenna.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are the steps used previously for the H10, H20, and Hr20 receivers remotes. Why I tried it now, that was do to a poster at satelliteguys.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pulled out an old R15-500 that is no longer subbed, software on it is 0x10B8, updated on 5/22/06. Plugged in the antenna, entered the last 6 digits of the Receiver ID, bingo RF remote controllable. I know I didn't have RF antenna until september, so I couldn't test it before that.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If after trying out RF, and want to change back to IR, just unplug the antenna and do the following on the remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press VOL DOWN

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cabanaboy1977 said:
I wonder why nobody tried it before. I know your pretty good with the codes on the remotes but I know there are others out there that know the remote codes too. I'm shocked that it took a yr for someone to try it.

This kind of makes me wish I had an RF remote and antenna to try this with. This will make alot of people happy. Thanks again for the post.
Only good for codes, you don't know a damn about me. Maybe you should learn:

Known as Tivoburkee, on dtv.com forums.

And edmund, at remotecentral

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
carl6 said:
Question 1: Is it possible to set two different RF codes? For example, can you set R15 #1 up for RF with the remote on DTV and R15 #2 up for RF with the remote on AV1?
Yes you can have as many receivers set to RF as you have RF remotes. One RF receiver per RF remote.

Question 2: Can you set R15 #1 to RF on DTV and retain R15 #2 on IR on AV1?
If you wish two receivers controlled by one remote, yes it can be done, dtv device will be RF only, and either av1 or av2 set to code 00002.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
carl6 said:
So it is not possible to set one RF remote to control two R15's independently, both via RF? In other words, you can only enable RF in the DTV position, and not in the AV1 or AV2 position...

But you can set one RF remote to control one R15 via RF in the DTV position, and a second R15 via IR in the AV1 or AV2 position...

Correct?

Carl
Right, only one RF receiver per remote, and yes you can control one other receiver via IR on av1 or av2. That second receiver has to be set code 00002. Even though the remote is only RF, the receiver it is controlling accepts both IR & RF.

Unlike HD receivers, like the H20 & HR20, the receiver is RF only too, so you can control 3 receiver via one remote, DTV- RF, AV1-00001, and AV2-00002.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
carl6 said:
But again in this case, two of them are still being controlled by IR, correct (the ones on AV1 and AV2)?

If I were to cover the IR sensor on the rf controlled R15, then it would seem you could do this on the R15 also. First one (DTV position) on RF, second one (AV1 position) on 0001 and third one (AV2) on 0002.

Carl
Yes, you could cover the IR sensor and only control it by RF.

But if you have any universal remotes, they will be unable to control the rf only receiver. Thats why I HATE RF only oem remotes.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
directvj said:
I have a Universal URC-200 RF-capable remote, will that work directly with the R-15 in RF mode or do I need to buy/request an RC32RF?
No, you will need either Rc24 or the RC32rf. RF universal remotes like the urc-200 are IR only controlling remotes, that use their own RF frequency to do it from afar.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
directvj said:
When you activate the RF capability, should IR still work? Mine does, but it seems flaky.

I activated RF a couple of days ago, and IR had stopped. So I "turned off" RF and turned in back on, and now both work.

What are others seeing regarding this?
The receiver accepts both RF & IR. Since nothing is turned on or off on the receiver itself. You're turning off the IR on the remote for RF only. That is only for the DTV symbol device.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Your rc32 isn't RF. The difference between the rc32 and rc32rf, isn't just the backlighting, its also is the RF of the rc32rf remote.

A RF remote, dtv or any brand has a FCC sticker on it.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
carl6 said:
A question for anyone who has an RF remote and two R15's, and is willing to experiment a bit.

Can you program the RF remote to work with more than one R15? For example, set the switch to DTV and go through the process for R15 #1, then set the switch to AV1 and go through the process for R15 #2 (using the appropriate receiver ID digits in each case)?

Thanks,

Carl
Yes, it can control two receivers set to RF on one remote.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
its on the info screen in the on-screen menu, and on a sticker in the access card compartment. Just use the last 6 digits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.