DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
Question 1: Is it possible to set two different RF codes? For example, can you set R15 #1 up for RF with the remote on DTV and R15 #2 up for RF with the remote on AV1?

Question 2: Can you set R15 #1 to RF on DTV and retain R15 #2 on IR on AV1?

Carl

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
Edmund said:
One RF receiver per RF remote.
So it is not possible to set one RF remote to control two R15's independently, both via RF? In other words, you can only enable RF in the DTV position, and not in the AV1 or AV2 position...

But you can set one RF remote to control one R15 via RF in the DTV position, and a second R15 via IR in the AV1 or AV2 position...

Correct?

Carl

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
Edmund said:
Unlike HD receivers, like the H20 & HR20, the receiver is RF only too, so you can control 3 receiver via one remote, DTV- RF, AV1-00001, and AV2-00002.
But again in this case, two of them are still being controlled by IR, correct (the ones on AV1 and AV2)?

If I were to cover the IR sensor on the rf controlled R15, then it would seem you could do this on the R15 also. First one (DTV position) on RF, second one (AV1 position) on 0001 and third one (AV2) on 0002.

Carl

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
senorgregster said:
Are you saying that stripped down coxial cable is working as well as an antenna?

Thanks in advance,

Greg
Should work just fine, especially for only receiving. Trim back about 6" worth of the outer insulation and foil, leaving the foam and inner insulation intact. Put an F connector on the other end, and preso. If you really want to do it "perfect", find out what the frequency is for the rf remote (probably around 420MHz) and make the trim back a 1/4 wavelength.

Carl

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
I was only guessing at the frequency - there is a lot of consumer crap in the 420 range (shared with ham who have priority use of that band south of line A).

Based on gct's comments, I'd give the 11 inch cut a try. If my recall of the forumla is correct, an 11 inch quarter wave translates to about 268 MHz. Or maybe it's working as a half wave, and the frequency is 536 or so.

Carl

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
directvj said:
I am still unable to use my new RC32RF with my R15-100... every button press is sent in duplicate.
Try blocking the IR sensor on the R15 and see if that fixes your problem. It sounds like the DVR is processing both the IR and RF signals. That is something that should be corrected before RF is officially enabled on the R15.

Carl

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
A question for anyone who has an RF remote and two R15's, and is willing to experiment a bit.

Can you program the RF remote to work with more than one R15? For example, set the switch to DTV and go through the process for R15 #1, then set the switch to AV1 and go through the process for R15 #2 (using the appropriate receiver ID digits in each case)?

Thanks,

Carl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.