DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I have the R15-300 (since my 500 died) is it the same for it too?

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I got mine working, the R15 is in the living room hooked up to my 36" phillips via RCA cables, I ran the RF coax to the TV in the kitchen, now I can change channels in there too Awesome, I have an RC24 RF remote int the kitchen, looks like original one, If I get a backlit RF one got the living room, will it accept RF from both remotes, or should I leave the living room remote IR?

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I imagine since you put the last 6 numbers of the IRD in when you program it it souldn't interfere

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
prashp1 said:
Can I use Dish Network UHF antenna? Does it have to be RF antenna? Does it make a difference? Thanks
see response in your other thread.....

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
directvj said:
When you activate the RF capability, should IR still work? Mine does, but it seems flaky.

I activated RF a couple of days ago, and IR had stopped. So I "turned off" RF and turned in back on, and now both work.

What are others seeing regarding this?
I have an RF remote out in the kitchen I use when I'm out there to change channels via RF (RC24?), when in the living room I use an IR remote (RC32) to work the R15, so both will work at the same time.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
R15-100 software is not 100% identical to the R15-500

Since it is not an "official" feature of the unit yet, it is possible that the R15-100 and R15-300 don't have the RF ability enabled at all.
As I posted earlier my 300 works fine with the RF.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
My bad... so many threads, no enough memory space in the brain
Just so long as it doesn't crash... :)

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
rmh123 said:
I just got off the phone with DirecTV tech support. They confirmed that the remote is an RF capable RC24. They tried to walk me through enabling RF (menu, setup, remote) but expected an IR/RF choice at that point. He spoke to someone else and came back on the line to say that the issue is that the R15-100 does not support RF. He was apologetic but there was nothing further he could do.
It is turned by entering a code in the remote, nothing needs to be done on the receiver except connect an antenna to th back of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.