DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
When you activate the RF capability, should IR still work? Mine does, but it seems flaky.

I activated RF a couple of days ago, and IR had stopped. So I "turned off" RF and turned in back on, and now both work.

What are others seeing regarding this?

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
So I received my new Directv backlit RF remote. It's pretty cool. I have an R-15 100 and the new RF remote isn't behaving. When I press any buttons (be they Guide, Channel up/down or numbers), it often double-sends the buttons presses. Anyone else see this? I'm not sure if it's the remote or the unit.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
I am still unable to use my new RC32RF with my R15-100... every button press is sent in duplicate. I have to put it in IR mode for it to function right. I have not seen any other R15-100 posters who have activated RF, so this might be a problem with the machine. I doubt it's the remote as it works swell in IR mode and it does work OK in RF except for sending everything twice ;)

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
jutley said:
Does anyone have an R15-100 functional with the RF?
I'm the only other 100 owner who has posted to my knowledge, see my issue above though. It does activate... just double-sends almost every keypress. This is with the IR completely blocked.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
shoeheel said:
I have an R15 100 with the same "double-send" problem. I happens all over the house, so it is not an RF/IR conflict issue. Don't know if it's a problem with the remote or the unit.
Sounds like the unit, then (the odds of us both having bad remotes are low).

Think of it as a feature--you can cruise through the guide two channels at a time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.