Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
directvj said:
When you activate the RF capability, should IR still work? Mine does, but it seems flaky.

I activated RF a couple of days ago, and IR had stopped. So I "turned off" RF and turned in back on, and now both work.

What are others seeing regarding this?
The receiver accepts both RF & IR. Since nothing is turned on or off on the receiver itself. You're turning off the IR on the remote for RF only. That is only for the DTV symbol device.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
directvj said:
When you activate the RF capability, should IR still work? Mine does, but it seems flaky.

I activated RF a couple of days ago, and IR had stopped. So I "turned off" RF and turned in back on, and now both work.

What are others seeing regarding this?
I have an RF remote out in the kitchen I use when I'm out there to change channels via RF (RC24?), when in the living room I use an IR remote (RC32) to work the R15, so both will work at the same time.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
I tried this last night with my RC23 remote. It didn't seem to work, although going through the procedure did disable the IR functions. I had to reset to factory defaults to get any control at all. Does anyone know if the RC23 is RF?

Maybe its my homemade antenna...but before I mess with it any further I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time.

·
UNIX
2,410 Posts
The best advice of all:

If you're going to spend money to get a new remote, why not get the RC32RF?? You will appreciate the backlighting and the more ergonomic keys. It is truly well worth the $25 that DIRECTV charges. Honest.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
So I received my new Directv backlit RF remote. It's pretty cool. I have an R-15 100 and the new RF remote isn't behaving. When I press any buttons (be they Guide, Channel up/down or numbers), it often double-sends the buttons presses. Anyone else see this? I'm not sure if it's the remote or the unit.

·
Mentor
33 Posts
Received the RC-32RF the other day to use on my R15-300. Got it setup and RF was working great.

Tried the "Push and Hold Play" trick to do slow motion, and it didnt work with RF. It does work with IR.

Just a bug with the RF implementation, or does this work for anyone else?

·
Cool Member
116 Posts
Before I go buy an RC-32RFK, is my R15 (manufacturer 500) DVR able to be controlled by an RF remote?

BTW, with manufacturer 500 does that equate with having an R15-500 machine?

·
AllStar
84 Posts
I activated the RF on the remote. I have R15-300. When in Guide and other screens, I keep holding channel up or down to scroll through the screen up or down, it doesn't work. I have to keep pressing channel up or down in order to scroll through the screen. Anyone have similar problem? I even disabled RF and activated it again. Please help.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
prashp1 said:
I activated the RF on the remote. I have R15-300. When in Guide and other screens, I keep holding channel up or down to scroll through the screen up or down, it doesn't work. I have to keep pressing channel up or down in order to scroll through the screen. Anyone have similar problem? I even disabled RF and activated it again. Please help.
I just checked my remote and it is working fine for me on my R15-500.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
I am still unable to use my new RC32RF with my R15-100... every button press is sent in duplicate. I have to put it in IR mode for it to function right. I have not seen any other R15-100 posters who have activated RF, so this might be a problem with the machine. I doubt it's the remote as it works swell in IR mode and it does work OK in RF except for sending everything twice ;)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
R15-100 software is not 100% identical to the R15-500

Since it is not an "official" feature of the unit yet, it is possible that the R15-100 and R15-300 don't have the RF ability enabled at all.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
R15-100 software is not 100% identical to the R15-500

Since it is not an "official" feature of the unit yet, it is possible that the R15-100 and R15-300 don't have the RF ability enabled at all.
As I posted earlier my 300 works fine with the RF.

·
Super Moderator
12,881 Posts
directvj said:
I am still unable to use my new RC32RF with my R15-100... every button press is sent in duplicate.
Try blocking the IR sensor on the R15 and see if that fixes your problem. It sounds like the DVR is processing both the IR and RF signals. That is something that should be corrected before RF is officially enabled on the R15.

Carl

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
dodge boy said:
As I posted earlier my 300 works fine with the RF.
My bad... so many threads, no enough memory space in the brain

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
My bad... so many threads, no enough memory space in the brain
Just so long as it doesn't crash... :)

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.