DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Godfather
449 Posts
rmh123 said:
Just received and activated an Directv DRV+ R15-100 with software 0x1022. I am trying without success to get RF working.

I think the remote is an RC24 since the number inside the battery compartment contains RC24--the full number is URC2482RG0-0. But it does not have an FCC sticker or warning as other posts say an RF remote would--but I've also read that all RC24s are RF enabled. I've looked at pictures of the RC23 and RC24 and see no differences.

I made an RF antenna (from a suggestion in another forum) using 11 inch piece of RG6 cable with an F connector stripped leaving the inner wire and its insulation. I tested this antenna successfully using another dss box--an RF enabled Sony SAT-A3.

I attempted to enable RF as described below without success.

1. DTV
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of your receiver ID #
6. press SELECT

At this point RF does not work and neither does IR which is easily restored via:
1. DTV
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0-0-0-0-1
4. press SELECT

The unknown issue seems to be whether the remote is or isn't an RF remote. If not, should I go ahead and order the RC32 DirecTV offers on their site?
As mentioned in my earlier post, I have an R15-100 functioning fine with the RF remote. (well fine other than the double press issue mentioned) The remote that comes with the R15 is not an RF remote. You have to order the RF capable remote from DTVs website.

·
Godfather
449 Posts
directvj said:
So Jutley, is your remote no longer "double-sending?"
Still double sending unfortunately. I'm hoping this latest update will fix that, but (a) I haven't been able to get the update yet (b) since the RF is not "officially" supported yet I'm not holding my breath. I am hopeful though! :)

·
Legend
118 Posts
I have software 0x1029 and still get have the double press problem on with all 3 RF remotes I use to control my r15. Is there a newer software version that fixes it? (Not that I am disatisfied with the minor annoyance of this "easter egg". I'm tickled to death that it works at all, beating the alternative of having to use/buy IR extenders.)

·
1 Posts
I have the RF remote and a r15-500 box with RF antenna attatched to the back. The remote works IR, but I cant set up RF without that code. Directv said that the r15 will not handle RF right now, but from the way everyone talks, that is not true. Need some help please

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.