DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one other post about Vonage on the MB, but it didn't really answer my question. Does anyone know if the CallerID feature will work with an R15 and Vonage service?

I know the phone line doesn't need to be connected in order for the service to work, etc but I would like to take advantage of the CallerID feature if possible. If not, no biggie because my TivoDVR never had that feature anyway...

- Indy

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
yes but there might be some minor diferences.

I noticed the name doesn's always display correctly. for instance when i call my home vonage number the CID displays (cell phone va) (1757xxxxxxx) but with my other provider my CID would display correctly (lastname, first name) (757xxxxxxx) so it works but there just might be some minor differences.

ps make sure your vonage system is running correctly and when you connect your vonage make sure your disconnect manualy disconnect the phone lines from your other provider at the ONT. you might already know this information but if you have any other questions vonage advanced technical support can help you.

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I got it hooked up yesterday afternoon and all is well. I had to rig up a null cable modem that would call out via my laptop with my old Tivo system, to just be able to call out, so this is definitely a welcome change.

Having used Tivo for 3 years, the R15 is definitely a learning curve, but once I get the hang of it, I think I'll like it. I had constant freeze frame problems with the Tivo and after replacing it for the 4th time, the R15 is my last hope. So far, so good. Thanks for your help - I've definitely bookmarked this site for future reference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.