DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently having problems with our DVR 1st run function. When we set the DVR function to record 1st run shows; it also records reruns. Does anyone know when this issue will be taken care of?
Thanks...

·
Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
More often than not, this is a guide data issue. Tribune Media, the people who prvide the data to D*, either does not get all the information from the provider or just do not include the all information the DVR needs.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
cinci4u said:
We are currently having problems with our DVR 1st run function. When we set the DVR function to record 1st run shows; it also records reruns. Does anyone know when this issue will be taken care of?
Thanks...
It may not be wrong actually...

There are a lot of shows, particularly on the cable networks where a first run episode is repeated several times during the week and unfortunately the guide supplied to DirecTV list all the repeats as first run. There are probably several reasons they do this, the 8PM feed on the east coast is a first run but the 11 PM feed on the west coast is the first run for them.

If you do a search on the titles in question look at all the episodes with the same title that come up and check them. Not saying that there aren't other possibilities but in fact I have had this happen with a number of cable shows and I have resorted to either a) manually programming or b) if the storage drive isn't too full, I just delete them after they show up.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
cinci4u said:
Thanks...
The R22 is like the HRs.The guide has the programs First Air Date and does a excellent job with 1st runs.:)

The R15's and R16's don't .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.