DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Icon
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called movers connection more recently (this thread is not about movers but keep with me) and had my current two HR21s and R15 moved to my new address in Portland, OR. I needed a 4th receiver for the place I am moving into so I thought about getting another DVR since the upgrade cost of a standard receiver versus a DVR is only $30 difference, plus the fact that the monthly fees are the same it was a no brainer. I had the agent add the IRD and when she read back the order to me she mentioned all the other equipment I have and she called the R22 an HD-DVR. I thought she mis-spoke or was uneducated about the R22. I let it go since it was no big deal anyway. I checked my move order on D*.com and it states the following for the R22 "DIRECTV HD rec. (Expandable HD program compable)" . I know there have been many threads on this already but here is another comfirmation that the R22 will probably become a basic HD-DVR or it will have HD capability in the future. I have two HD-DVRs already so having an R22 is no big deal but if it will work as an HD-DVR in the future or even now, it is all the better at that point. Plus with my movers connection I had used my free movers already and the agent gave me the movers for $99 which is reasonable considering what D* has to pay when they move a customer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.