DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just tried to use Directv's web site to schedule a recording on my R22. I have several HD Dvrs on the account and HD. I just noticed it will not show the R22 as an option to remotely send a HD recording to. Will Directv change this? Can they? Especially if yiou have HD on your account?

·
Mentor
40 Posts
I've got an R22 DVR as well and it is HD enabled meaning you can watch HD channels but it will not record HD, otherwise it would be an HR model. I got this DVR in May 2010 when WHDVR was made public and the installer told me at the time that it was not able to hooked up to WHDVR like my HR22, HR21, and HR20. After viewing all the information about what is needed for WHDVR I think he did not know what he was talking about or just did not want to do the extra work. Would D* send someone out to fix this with no charge?

·
1*
10,289 Posts
kwasnicka said:
I've got an R22 DVR as well and it is HD enabled meaning you can watch HD channels but it will not record HD, otherwise it would be an HR model. I got this DVR in May 2010 when WHDVR was made public and the installer told me at the time that it was not able to hooked up to WHDVR like my HR22, HR21, and HR20. After viewing all the information about what is needed for WHDVR I think he did not know what he was talking about or just did not want to do the extra work. Would D* send someone out to fix this with no charge?
If you have an R22 DVR and have at least one other HD receiver on your account, the R22 should be HD enabled. If it is, it should act exactly like a HR21.

With regard to Whole Home, if you currently have it for your setup, you only need a DECA added to the back of the R22 for it to work with Whole Home. If you contact DirecTV and explain that the installer never installed one for the R22, they might just send you one that you can hook up yourself.

Also, if the installer never hooked up a DECA to the R22, they should have installed a BSF (Band Stop Filter), which I will assume they did not do. If it is there, you will have to remove that before installing the DECA.

- Merg

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carl6 said:
Can you tune to and watch HD channels on your R22? Is it HD enabled in other words?
Try re-authorizing the R22 (you can do that on-line from the DirecTV web site).
I can tune HD Channels I will have to try re-authorizing it. And I can tune HD channels and dvr HD shows I juat can nit schedule HD shows to it from the web site. Nope still can not send had from the web site to it, it does not show up when I pick a receiver but it does for SD shows....

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
I don't have HD from DirecTV. But I have an R22.

A friend of mine brought over his AM-21 and I hooked it up to my R22. Guess what? I could watch all my locals over the air via the AM-21 in HD and even record them in HD. Whoppee!

I still haven't bought an AM-21...or upgraded to HD.

·
Icon
668 Posts
chick3112215 said:
I can tune HD Channels I will have to try re-authorizing it. And I can tune HD channels and dvr HD shows I juat can nit schedule HD shows to it from the web site. Nope still can not send had from the web site to it, it does not show up when I pick a receiver but it does for SD shows....
While I have no solution for you, I can confirm that I'm seeing the same behavior that you are. When I select an HD channel in the guide on DIRECTV's web site, I can only schedule that show to record on my HR21s. My R22 doesn't even show in the list, even though the R22 is HD-enabled and can record HD shows scheduled from the guide on the STB itself.

If I choose an SD channel from the guide on the web site, all of my receivers, including the R22, are in the list and can be selected.

·
Icon
668 Posts
Just to see what would happen, I used the DIRECTV app on my iPhone to try scheduling a remote recording. The app let me schedule an HD channel on my R22 just fine (and when I checked the R22 it was, in fact, recording).

(I realize this has nothing to do with scheduling a recording from the web page, but thought it would be interesting to try anyway.)

·
1*
10,289 Posts
chick3112215 said:
I just tried scheduling an HD show via the on-line Guide to my R22 and it allowed me to select my R22 from the drop down. So, it is not a global issue regarding the R22.

- Merg

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zuf said:
Just to see what would happen, I used the DIRECTV app on my iPhone to try scheduling a remote recording. The app let me schedule an HD channel on my R22 just fine (and when I checked the R22 it was, in fact, recording).

(I realize this has nothing to do with scheduling a recording from the web page, but thought it would be interesting to try anyway.)
The Merg said:
I just tried scheduling an HD show via the on-line Guide to my R22 and it allowed me to select my R22 from the drop down. So, it is not a global issue regarding the R22.

- Merg
Thanks guys....

·
In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09
3,808 Posts
I also have 2 R22's with Whole Home and HD. I can schedule an HD recording from my Droid or from the website onto any of my DVR's. Somehow, your DVR is just not showing as HD enabled. Maybe try renaming it or editing some of the info about in on the website in "Your Equipment" tab. And then reauthorize it again.

·
Icon
1,028 Posts
zuf said:
While I have no solution for you, I can confirm that I'm seeing the same behavior that you are. When I select an HD channel in the guide on DIRECTV's web site, I can only schedule that show to record on my HR21s. My R22 doesn't even show in the list, even though the R22 is HD-enabled and can record HD shows scheduled from the guide on the STB itself.

If I choose an SD channel from the guide on the web site, all of my receivers, including the R22, are in the list and can be selected.
Ditto. I just tried going to the website and choosing re-authorize and it didn't make a difference.

For those of you that can schedule HD recordings from the DTV web site on your R22; if you login to the DTV website and go to My Equipment, is your R22 listed as a DVR or HD-DVR? Mine is just listed as a DVR.

·
In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09
3,808 Posts
Actually, I was wrong. I can't choose either of my R22's from the website. I used to be able to when they were SD. But I can from my Droid. I rarely use the computer route, it is actually much faster to use their mobile app. Much fewer steps for me.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Godfather
832 Posts
Getteau said:
Ditto. I just tried going to the website and choosing re-authorize and it didn't make a difference.

For those of you that can schedule HD recordings from the DTV web site on your R22; if you login to the DTV website and go to My Equipment, is your R22 listed as a DVR or HD-DVR? Mine is just listed as a DVR.
For some reason my R22 is listed as an HR22 on the website. A CSR changed it to that when I got whole home because she couldn't authorize the order without chsnging it, even though I had an HR22 on the account. This was when the whole home over deca was first introduced. I've tried a couplke of times to have it changed back but no luck so I gave up.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
"Billzebub" said:
For some reason my R22 is listed as an HR22 on the website. A CSR changed it to that when I got whole home because she couldn't authorize the order without chsnging it, even though I had an HR22 on the account. This was when the whole home over deca was first introduced. I've tried a couplke of times to have it changed back but no luck so I gave up.
Whole home actually requires two HD boxes. I wonder what would happen if you return the R22, will they be expecting an HR22? Probably would be better if it was listed as an HR21.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
"kwasnicka" said:
The installer did not put a DECA on and did put a BSF on the R22. Can I just remove that and add a DECA? Keep in mind the power invertor is between the R22 and the SWM 8 splitter.
Yes. That should be all you need to do to get MRV on the R22.

- Merg

·
1*
10,289 Posts
"Getteau" said:

Press and hold the Info button for 3 seconds to bring up the Receiver Info screen. Does it list your R22 as just a R22 or a R22 (w/ HD)? If the former, your receiver needs to be reauthorized.

- Merg

·
Icon
1,028 Posts
The Merg said:
Press and hold the Info button for 3 seconds to bring up the Receiver Info screen. Does it list your R22 as just a R22 or a R22 (w/ HD)? If the former, your receiver needs to be reauthorized.

- Merg
It's listed as: R22 (With HD) /200

I wonder if it's just a programming issue on the website where it pulls the receiver list and only shows the HR series when you have an HD program selected.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Getteau said:
It's listed as: R22 (With HD) /200

I wonder if it's just a programming issue on the website where it pulls the receiver list and only shows the HR series when you have an HD program selected.
On your on-line account info, how is your receiver listed again? Is it listed as a SD-DVR or HD-DVR?

- Merg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.